World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going 2 cardigan tomorrow staying till monday afternoon, after some advise about where to fish and where to fish, i'm taking a beachcaster and spinning rod and the usual tackle. Any local knowledge would be greatfull received.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm going 2 cardigan tomorrow staying till monday afternoon, after some advise about where to fish and where to fish, i'm taking a beachcaster and spinning rod and the usual tackle. Any local knowledge would be greatfull received.
stopped there a couple of summers ago down on patch caravan park.the locals used to fish teiffi over the ebb tide at its narrowest point at back of caravan site/boat club,weed was a big problem at times. some great rock marks away from estuary round towards the island.good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are 2lb plus flounders on the seaward side of patch - they cruise in on the first of the flood in very shallow water- I fish light and roll the lead around. Use lugworm or peeler crab - the same tactics will catch bass here.
At Gwbert beneath the Cliff Hotel and, beyond to the Island you can present a fish bait for Huss, Rays and Conger. Mussel, Crab and Lug baits catch Bass, Mullet and Wrasse.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
The public path runs along what appears to be private access to the Cliff Hotel and diagonally down through the car park,across to the side of a golf course area, follow the path down and you will find easy access down onto the rocks.
At Patch you can park on the beach, subject to height of tides, locals float fish from the end of the spit into the main channel allowing the bait to just drag bottom. You can get crabs from here if you are lucky or dig worms out on the sand bank upsteam of the spit. Big mullet cruise along the channel back towards the boat moorings.
If you fancy silver eels there are usually some lurking among the stones near the bridge at Cardigan, you can get access near the chandlery place on the town side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info greatly received........I will post IF I catch anything

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts