World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post in a while due to lack of internet any way just thought id post a quick report of my session at steamer point last night.

I arrived at around 5.30 and was greeted with the unexpected sound of slightly heavier surf then i had anticipated, had a quick look at the waterline on my way down to the beach which revealed a fair amount of weed in the water, "could be fun" i thought especially as i was hoping to have one rod in close for a possible bass.
anyway set one rod up with a two hooked clipped down rig, top hook baited with sandeel section, bottom one baited with some old black lug that has been refrozen a few too many times, this sent out to approx 80 yards.
next rod was set up with running ledger and pennel rigged whole squid and sent out just beyond the groyne, but suprise, suprise within two seconds of setting down in the tripod i could already see the weed sitting on the line, so this one was brought back in changed to pulley pennel and sent out about 50-60 yards to what i hoped was just beyond the weed.
first bite was a fairly decent rattle on the two hook clipped down which resulted in a pout of 28 cm, which was sent back on its way, with that rod recast i noticed a tug on the pennel rod which resulted in a decent size doggie and from then on the story remained the same all night with pout showing most casts, which made me change the pulley pennel for a livebait rig with a size 4 knotless knotted to a size 3/0 circle with the hope of a having a chance of a decent bass, well this plan didnt come to fruition as when i bought the rod in after an hour and a half there was a 39 cm pout on the end, which i reckon is wishful thinking as a livebait, lol!

all in all not a bad night though, packed up at half 10 and ended up with maybe 8-10 pout of varying sizes and 3 doggies.

G

·
judging by that sounds like u know what ur doing , not bad for steamer point , i found there was a bit of a swell going at barton and at avon and steamer it can prove real trouble if u let that line slacken or fish close in . I would have been happy with your catch

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers mate, yea was pleased considering the conditions, as you said there was a fair swell pushing up the beach, but beyond the weed it was manageble, how did you get on at barton?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice one Tay. Good report and bit of angling. :fishing:..I would of been pleased with that result too...:thumbs: It may only be pout n dogs but hey, fuk tonne better than looking at motionless rod tips all night...:yeah:... Nice one fella..:thumbs:..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts