World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening!

Got a rare day to myself on Friday and fancy getting out to somewhere new, any one been to steamer point or a surrounding area recently? Do you have any tips regarding, gear/ best tides/ weed issues etc?

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
If you stop off at Christchurch Angling they will be happy to point you in the right direction (and empty your wallet).
I'm not sure you'd see much action at Steamer in the day, you may be better off at Poole Entrance, Southbourne or Hengistbury.
Chance of plaice, gurnard, bream, gar, wrasse and bass in daylight, and sole, rays and turbot at night.
What time are you planning on fishing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you stop off at Christchurch Angling they will be happy to point you in the right direction (and empty your wallet).
I'm not sure you'd see much action at Steamer in the day, you may be better off at Poole Entrance, Southbourne or Hengistbury.
Chance of plaice, gurnard, bream, gar, wrasse and bass in daylight, and sole, rays and turbot at night.
What time are you planning on fishing?
I was looking at starting a couple hours before high tide at about 6am onwards, I've never been down there before so looking for somewhere new to have a go

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I'd be more tempted to fish Hurst, Hengistbury or Southbourne. I've never heard of much from Steamer other than rays and bass at night. Much better chance of a mixed bag at the marks above, in my opinion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be more tempted to fish Hurst, Hengistbury or Southbourne. I've never heard of much from Steamer other than rays and bass at night. Much better chance of a mixed bag at the marks above, in my opinion.
Cheers buddy, may well give Hurst a go then

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,649 Posts
Yes , Steamer at this time of the year fished in daylight is a nailed on blank , nice beach and capable of undulates / pout / whiting / small flounders at night . Hurst would be a good call ,,,,,,,,on the right tide . ie ebbing neap .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts