World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back up again with me old man today and it was even better than yesterday. I had heard that Horden had not produced, and that Staincliffe had failed aswell so we decided to go back up there as we knew there were a few fish in the area. Again i fished two rods, one for a doggie, turbot or thornie and another for flatties. My dad fished with only one rod for the flatties. Bait for the session was to be ragworm and sandeel with either mackerel, squid or herring for tipping. We started fishing at 12:30 and the action was fast and furious with bites instantly. Baits were literally in the water minutes bfore the first little rattles started on the tips.

My old man opened his account with a nice double shot of dab after 5 minutes.

The bites kept on coming and a good few fish were swung over the side. Next it was my turn to get a double shot, the first of many.

At approaching high tide at 14:00 a few whiting began to show on the pier. This was the best one which fell to my old mans rod.

As the tide began to ebb i managed a small plaice on a sandeel bait.

We fished untill 16:30 when the bites were begining to slow up and crabs were becoming a problem. We had used nearly all our worm baits up by then and had decided we had had a good session. It had been an enjoyable day with the final tally 25 plus dab and a single whiting for my my old man, and 20 plus dab, a plaice and a whiting for myself. Good sport and plenty of bites, two most enjoyable sessions this weekend. We also met another member of WSF today who had taken hin son along to fish, i would like to say hi to him as i forgot to ask his name.
All the best and tight lines
Iain

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aye it was a good day. Perhaps you should have had a look up flattie bashing Allan! The plaice was 28cm, a shame it did not make size.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a photo of the new barrier they have put up. It should hopefully keep the joyriders and other vandals away from the pier.

I guess nobody else will be driving up there anytime soon?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts