World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads, managed just a short session Saturday as I had to do some family stuff. Got ther at 2pm and set up two Rods. Not a bite until tide turned then regular sport from Flatties on salted Lug & salted Mackie. Had 10 on that but all small. Other Rod with Fresh Lug & Rag had the odd bite but only one Flattie on that, although a better size. Sea was flat with no movement to speak of and so foggy you couldnt see where the sinker was landing at times. Only another 3 guys on there and when i left at 5pm i left one young lad on by himself happily catching Flatties on the small hooks i gave him. He was using 3/0 and getting nothing. He was then catching me fast. Well chuffed.
Looking forward to the Boat trip Saturday for hopefully some bigger stuff and meeting some of you guys.

Cheers. Bob.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Paul, saw you on there as i walked along the Pier. Had forgotton about the sweep so didnt think any more of it. First time ive seen anyone fishing there and often wondered if it was worth a chuck. Sorry it was so slow. Bet you still enjoyed the day though.

nice one bob me,bill,baza,greg fished the sweep on the concrete just thru the brus tunnel from 11am til 3pm was drastic bill managed 1 very small flattie

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Youll be fine greg, forecast for Saturday is 2mph South Westerlie for Hartlepool. Hope they have it right. Be a great day whatever the fishing is like if its nice and calm.

Nice one bob. Good report. Looking forward to weekend too, just hope im not sea sick

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
nice report bob. its great with loads of satisfaction when with a little help from yourself you can watch someone improve and increase there catch rate.

the spot we fished usually has lots of small flounder so was suprised to get so little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts