World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
fished the Jetty 6.30am to 2.30Pm.Sea was quite flat with only a light surf at the beach.
Decided to try for a Bass so set up about a third of the way along and cast a single Rag on flowing snood just behind the surf. 2nd cast was rewarded with a nice Silver about 2lb. Made my day.
Nothing for an hour so worked my way along to the end and fished for flatties. No interest in fresh baits again and all fish caught on salted lug and Mackie. Sport was poor and only half a dozen caught so moved back toward a bit of movement way down the pier to have a last couple of casts.
2nd cast again and another Silver about 1.5lb. Great way to finish. Both returned to grow bigger.
Parked near the Brus and walked through the Tunnel for the firs time.Seemed a long way but down to me not knowing the way into the works.Had similar trouble getting out too. Will be easier next time and peace of mind about the motor. Did pass 6 lads sniffing gas or something on the way in at 6.15am which was a bit iffy mind.

Cheers. bob.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Went today with my dad and a mate and fished for four hours over low water at the end. We caught some dabs, a few small plaice and a couple of flounders on frozen lug tipped with herring or squid. The wind was unpleasant though so made it hard work as the rods were bouncing a bit in there rests. We each had about ten fish each mostly dabs, however many would not have made size. Of the three plaice caught i had two, one just making size at 32cm although i returned them all. Hope to be back out during the week though as i have a shedload of frozen bait. Heard about the bass, althoguh they had 'grown' by the time i had heard the tale for the umpteenth time LOL. Congrats on the bass though Bob, wish i had managed a couple of them today!:(

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not a bad day for you Bob. I've never caught a bass before. Do you ever catch a bass off the boat Bob? Would it be worthwhile to try off the boat this summer from the NE coast?

Regards
poogong

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Nice one bob went to the out fall pipe me brother had a dab me and andi had jack again even tho he says he had one.:g:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I will be going up Steetly to fish the gate on either Wednesday or Thurday if anybodys interested. Fishing it 2 up, 2 over as the high tides about 10ish i think. Hoping for a bass, but should be plenty of Dabs and hopefully a small plaice or two. Is it just me or does Steetly always fish best on the ebb?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well done bob nice to hear of a few silver bars coming off there......:clap3:

... TIGHT LINES ...

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Poogong, never seen a Bass off the boats at all but never targetted them when i had a boat and neither have i on any charter boats. Worth putting a thread on the Boat section though.

Cheers. Bob.

Not a bad day for you Bob. I've never caught a bass before. Do you ever catch a bass off the boat Bob? Would it be worthwhile to try off the boat this summer from the NE coast?

Regards
poogong

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi steve, me, robbie & Mark were on Seaton Beach last Tuesday and had the same, Robbie got the Dab, needless to say. He definitely rubs something on his hands.

Nice one bob went to the out fall pipe me brother had a dab me and andi had jack again even tho he says he had one.:g:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Have you seen that somebody has already removed the new barrier? Theres always a few people up there burning cable and taking scrap metal, but taking the gate is a bit unreasonable as it was put there for a very good reason. Atleast those large boulders are there to stop people joyriding onto the pier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts