543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heyy lads probly sick of me reporting nd doin posts all the time . . .and

probly cant understand what im saying . . . . im going off steetly tomora

gunna give it ago on high tide(15:37) 4.7 with rag and mucel nd a bit of

macky for bait . . .i was going to give ago on low tide(21:56)1.2 in the dark

G

·
Just fished the ryhope comp there only had a small 26cm coley, as it was 25cm minimum catch and release. A few lads said that last nite of the ratty a well nown angler had a cod of ten and a half pounds and one six and a half pounds he was using fresh crab as bait, i believe it as the sea was spot on to push double figure fish into the mouth of the wear. So you never now the piers may well be worth a shot with peeler as codling will hang around the shore for a while before it settles down altogether.

·
Registered
11,247 Posts
Just fished the ryhope comp there only had a small 26cm coley, as it was 25cm minimum catch and release. A few lads said that last nite of the ratty a well nown angler had a cod of ten and a half pounds and one six and a half pounds he was using fresh crab as bait, i believe it as the sea was spot on to push double figure fish into the mouth of the wear. So you never now the piers may well be worth a shot with peeler as codling will hang around the shore for a while before it settles down altogether.
fishing the ryhope comp you would have been pegged further up the river though wouldnt you.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers boys i'l fling undersize fish back just for use :p going down this morning to get me bait for tonight im gunna fish it low water do a nite seshion i was gunna give it ago frow the day but now ive changed my mind im gunna fish it low water. . .

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Nice to hear Ronney, but its the law, not just for forum members benefit! Should get a few dabs and maybe a plaice, Larger rag tipped with squid or crab seems to be the bait for the plaice at the moment however they probably wont show if the water is still a bit mucky.

·
Registered
506 Posts
well id be susprised if ive taken one fish for the pot this year... i only keep the odd codling about 2lb ish if it would make a good meal with chips yum :clap3: but all the other speices go back unharmed well i mite take a fish if i think it wont swm off (deep hooked)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NOT GOING GOT NO BAIT :( HEY LADS I WAS GUNA GO ON STEETLY TONYT BUT WENT TO LOCAL FISH SHOP FOR MUCEL THEY DIDNT HAVE NONE IN REALY GUTTED :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts