World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well me and apollo525 went to steetly yesterday when arriving there at1.30pm there was 1 lad in left hand corner who had been there since 5am had 10 codling all good size (he ended up with 14) well we thought here we go but yet again nowt lol well for me and apollo and come to think of it the rest of the lads on the end except a handfull of codling that was all what was caught up till we left at 12pm thats what happend on the end however half way down the pier there was loads of fish there were reports 1 bloke had 10 another had 12 and a few more had 5's and 6's a lot were caught in daylight were most of the movement was next time i go on that pier i'm going to follow the tide in and out keeping in all the movement as the lad on the left hand corner caught most of his on low were the movement was at it's most i might be wrong but i'm going to try:)

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
hi, andi. looks like i,might have missed them again.

i always prefer half back to low on the end. i think the fish push back with the tide.

·
Registered
543 Posts
heey nah u avent missed them yet still fish there today im goin to av ago today gunna fish it up pick owt up from there

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Hi Andy, funny old day yesterday, got there about 2.30pm and one look at the masses on the end decided to fish further down. Had 4 Codling to about 2.5lb and a Lunker about 7lb. Rob and Griff had 7 between them too but didnt see anyone catching lots of fish nor did Rob and he moved about a bit. That was up to 8.30pm when we left. Bet the morning high did well though. Wonder if it will last a few days?

Cheers. Bob.

well me and apollo525 went to steetly yesterday when arriving there at1.30pm there was 1 lad in left hand corner who had been there since 5am had 10 codling all good size (he ended up with 14) well we thought here we go but yet again nowt lol well for me and apollo and come to think of it the rest of the lads on the end except a handfull of codling that was all what was caught up till we left at 12pm thats what happend on the end however half way down the pier there was loads of fish there were reports 1 bloke had 10 another had 12 and a few more had 5's and 6's a lot were caught in daylight were most of the movement was next time i go on that pier i'm going to follow the tide in and out keeping in all the movement as the lad on the left hand corner caught most of his on low were the movement was at it's most i might be wrong but i'm going to try:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
i fished from 01 till 5 30 on the night tide on the end for 3 hours could not beleave it 15 men on the end 1 codling 2 an half pound i had 3 flattys 1 coley and a ****** then moved down two the platforms nothing not even a sniff water was dropping right off as i left.back out tonite to try again

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi bob we were getting told of people with catches of 10 and twelve but we did not have a walk down so maybe a bit of exageration going on but if anybody knows different please reply. i knew you lot were having a good night bob but didn't dare move when the sea was ebbing away thought the cod might have moved up but never mind always tomorrow:)

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Well done bob,rob and griff plenty off white belly caught a poxy whiting off the front dan had one about 7lb i think that is the 1st time it fished all season.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Hi Andi. it was really strange, i had 5 and told Rob to move. i moved 6 foot to the side and got no more only one bite. Rob & Griff got 5 exactly where i had been!!!!. It was as if the fish were in a 6 foot band of water.

hi bob we were getting told of people with catches of 10 and twelve but we did not have a walk down so maybe a bit of exageration going on but if anybody knows different please reply. i knew you lot were having a good night bob but didn't dare move when the sea was ebbing away thought the cod might have moved up but never mind always tomorrow:)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Hi Steve, that 7lb Cod that Danny got was on Anths Rod. Poor bugger had gone to see Rob & Griff and Danny pulled it in for him while he was away. He was still well pleased though, nice fillets for the pan. Had a good laugh about it.
Strange session though.
Cheers. Bob.

Well done bob,rob and griff plenty off white belly caught a poxy whiting off the front dan had one about 7lb i think that is the 1st time it fished all season.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
30 Years ago when i was a lad we used to sneak through the factory at night on our bikes ride down to wood platforms either side of the pier and set up and fish. It was an absolute goldmine. No sooner had the bait hit the water it was BANG. Fish everywhere.
You could not get right on the end as the factory was operative and used by the staff and guests. Local police as i recall used to get onand fish when off duty. We used to get ignored being little scallys.
Happy days.
I remember coming off there one night and the fish were falling out of my bag which was tied to the back of my motorcycle. There was that many.
Been back a couple of times recently and was not that impressed. Fished off the end and on the wood sides.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Dont feel bad, my dad only got one whiting all day that day. i unfortunately had to be at work. Typical i bet the wind dies down and the cod move out again by the weekend. Aparently most of the better fish got caught on Razors, thats what the older gentleman near my dad used, and he had anice clean fish about 6-7lb on the day in question. Hopefully with a bit of colour left in there should be a few whiting about this weekend and maybe even a rogue cod. Stranger things have happened!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts