World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a venue for tomorrow...scotland is too far from me lol....looking at 2 hours max drive....from here near the boro....anyone fished down hornsea way or somewhere that i can park the car and know its safe, and not have to trapes 2 miles along a beech...???
All serious suggestions will be looked at......can leave here at about 9 ish in the morning and be out until about 9 ish tomorrow night.....including driving.....so come on lads give me some ideas please...i do fancy the holderness coast but not sure where to go to.

Thanks

hughie

·
Registered
46 Posts
You could try hornsea north free carpark and not mutch of a walk to the beach.Its on cliff road past the little shop on morrow ave.worth a go.good luck:fishing1:have a look on google maps

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could try hornsea north free carpark and not mutch of a walk to the beach.Its on cliff road past the little shop on morrow ave.worth a go.good luck:fishing1:have a look on google maps
Looks a nice spot mate, that must be the car park at bottom of Morrow ave is it......???
Looks a decent spot thanks again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is the car park. Your car will be ok the tackle shop in hornsea is East coast tackle they do bait if you havent any and gives good advice on marks around that area.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the car park. Your car will be ok the tackle shop in hornsea is East coast tackle they do bait if you havent any and gives good advice on marks around that area.

Thanks...is frasethorpe any good....been snooping on google and beech looks ok..and place to park doesnt look too bad....infact nearly all of the stretch of beech you have there looks cracking.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just got back from Hornsea, only went for some chips and an ice cream, sorry to say it but there doesn't seem to be much colour in the water at the moment.

I would suggest, if you are coming this far, go a few miles further down the coast past withernsea. Having said that there was a match at Aldbrough yesterday and only 5 of the 27 anglers taking part caught anything and then there was no decent fish, just flatties, a small smoothy and a small bass.

Best of luck if you try it.

Graham

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back from Hornsea, only went for some chips and an ice cream, sorry to say it but there doesn't seem to be much colour in the water at the moment.

I would suggest, if you are coming this far, go a few miles further down the coast past withernsea. Having said that there was a match at Aldbrough yesterday and only 5 of the 27 anglers taking part caught anything and then there was no decent fish, just flatties, a small smoothy and a small bass.

Best of luck if you try it.

Graham
Thanks for that info Graham...will maybe have a rethink.

hughie

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Report:

went to Hornsea fished it down then up about hour and a half either side used razor, crab, salted fish and not a sniff....there was some colour in the water though...still it was a good ride out even in the rain.

hey hoe onward and upward.

hughie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts