World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to the people who replied. I only have a light weight fixed spool reel basically I am looking to fish close in and am wondering what bait would be the best dont really care what type of fish it is as long as they put up a fight also what should I be looking to fish rocky or weedy? Many thanks for the mark for the bass with the fly my mate and I will give a go probably next week will let you know ps I stay in Grangemouth if that heelps with places to fish....Paul :blink:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Quite a few places to try round Grangemouth. With a lightweight outfit you'd be best sticking to things like flounder. These are caught from most of the beaches round your way, try near the bridge with a two or three hook trace, size 1 aberdeen hooks and lug, rag or peeler crab for bait. Fish are often very close in so long casting isn't needed. Cod are regularly taken from the docks at Grangemouth though you might want to step up your tackle a bit for them. If you're heading for Torness and you have the time to make a short detour then head into Mikes Tackle, on the main road in Portobello, anyone in there will be able to sort you out with details of the marks and what tackle to use.
Let us know how you get on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts