World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all takeing few day r+r with friend after stay in hospital with little one ..not been on for few weeks so can i ask any spots to fish in north devon still new to sea fishing but only been to bristol and as spending few days devon might as well try my luck any marks at all would be of much help got a few days so will be driving round a bit many thanks paul...:notworthy :g:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks just been looking at venue in croyd, Puttsborough Beach. will try there for day.any one no any tips or baits working well would be most helpful thanks paul

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just off jun 6 m5 warndon villages not bad place wish the sea was closer but still bit new to this yet but tryin to get out ..

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
thanks just been looking at venue in croyd, Puttsborough Beach. will try there for day.any one no any tips or baits working well would be most helpful thanks paul

sandeel is a great bait on puts/croyde,so is lug and usualy better for the schoolies.i fished puts yesterday afternoon with a mate.not alot happening just one small nibble,but we expected that.it will fish so much better in the dark over low and up..this week is perfect as low is about 8pm tonight.tuck in close to the rocks if you are fishing in daylight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks m8 getting there about dinner time so fishing from then on m8 .read its sand not many snags whats best rig's ??? as not that sure about rigs yet ..

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
just off jun 6 m5 warndon villages not bad place wish the sea was closer but still bit new to this yet but tryin to get out ..
I'll give yer a wave as I go past on the M5 - got to go up to Halesowen on Friday to pick the Mother in Law up - bringing her back for a weeks holiday !!

Expect to see a lonely figure haunting the beaches 24 hours a day next week - 'twill probably be me................................... :unsure:

Or it might be Wilky looking for his lost can of Diamond White !!:blink:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
thanks m8 getting there about dinner time so fishing from then on m8 .read its sand not many snags whats best rig's ??? as not that sure about rigs yet ..

is that dinner time morow?..if so go surfing for the day and fish at night..use a simple running ledger with as long a trace as the swell/tide will allow.about 5/6ft in small surf.might be a bit early for the rays but i wouldnt be suprised if one comes out soon.lug/eel will catch small bass..clipped down rigs work well too but IMO arent as good unless they are long.distance isnt always best here but can help.sandeel can be bought in braunton,lug can be bougth in barnstaple...pm me if you need more local info.gotta go now,crab traps need doing:) ..have a good one

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks m8 had to change plans for the better tho now got fri/sat/sun so more time now if you got time do you no the local tackle shop wre abouts not got as far as running ledger only used pulleys so someting to read up on. will try and find out local tackle shops thanks m8

1 - 12 of 12 Posts