World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads just a little thread to pick your brains been trying to catch on the dry fly and all i can say is it's doing my head in tried flourocarbon, coploymer leaders and the fish just seem to look at the flies i am using been using flies like black gnats and a few others

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi

try a fly with a CDC wing and a black hackle, leave it in the water do not retreive. brown and rainbow trouts go for it. use a floating fly line and 5lb leader with a length of about 10 foot.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I allways say........... "if in dought .................. put a klinkhammer on the point !!!":1a:

·
Registered
253 Posts
A think every 1 has a different dry flie choice all work very well when used correctly but I think you will need to match the hatch and also you're chances improve as it gets darker when the sun goes down I have found that when you have found the flie they are taking it can be good sport because you get alot of misses and slot of fish muddler minnows work well for me

·
Registered
747 Posts
Its pivotal to get the fly "in" the surface film rather than sitting "on" the water, as mentioned, cdc winged flies do this well. Try shuttlecock buzzers.

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
Try an "F" Fly.

Cul-de-canard (feather from the ducks preen gland) wrapped around the hook and a tuft of CDC tied in at the head of the fly.

The preen gland has waterproofed those feathers and the fly sits at angle just below the surface, meanwhile the tuft is your sight indicator.

Toss it out and leave it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts