World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi boys where can i go in s/west wales for stingers.baits rigs etc try anything once would like to catch bream and triggers ta :confused:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Brand,

I believe that stingers can be caught from around the lighthouse on the west of Whitsands beach on the north gower.
Last year I saw loads of triggers off the Mumbles pier with some people catching up to 10 of them. I tried for them and succeeded in catching two Bass only!
I think I needed smaller hooks with long shanks, they bite you off otherwise. Something like a size 4 from what I understand.
Perhaps we can target them on July 2nd.
See you in ASDA.

Sim

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jetstream said:
Brand,

I believe that stingers can be caught from around the lighthouse on the west of Whitsands beach on the north gower.
Last year I saw loads of triggers off the Mumbles pier with some people catching up to 10 of them. I tried for them and succeeded in catching two Bass only!
I think I needed smaller hooks with long shanks, they bite you off otherwise. Something like a size 4 from what I understand.
Perhaps we can target them on July 2nd.
See you in ASDA.

Sim

hi jet! thanks, must try for triggers on the 2nd can you conf that you are coming cos no entrys back yet must get enough guys to cover cost of pier,i recon you will be there!!!. also got pier for 23rd july ,late aft till late to raise money for a lady in cardiff who wants a paralympic eheel chair. c u Oh ive been to tesco for 3 wks back to asda now ,brand
y

1 - 4 of 4 Posts