World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished a match at Hrene Bay last night on the town beaches 5-10 and it was a bit of a shock what won. Ist was a stingray of about 12.5 pounds and second another one about 10.5 both weighed and released, 3rd included a thornback of about 5 or 6 pound. All three fish came from the kings hall / yacht club area. so if you fancy somthing diff and feel lucky may be worth a go over the next couple of tides. The water was a good colour for a change no dogs caught which also makes a change.
All the rays were caught in the first couple of hours when the water was low apparently this is the best time here. Stingers were on crab.
I had a 2 pound bass and six eels for a distant 5th, I did pick up a few bob for 2nd most fish but would have swapped that for a stinger.
DaveA

·
Registered
390 Posts
The herne bay comps seem to be having some good catches weighed in, the other week they had smoothies and ray from the neptune arm!

Well done on your 5th Dave A at least you was in the prizes.

Bet some of the inshore boats marks are producing some good fish.

Surprised there are not more Boat reports from Herne Bay.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
The herne bay comps seem to be having some good catches weighed in, the other week they had smoothies and ray from the neptune arm!

Well done on your 5th Dave A at least you was in the prizes.

Bet some of the inshore boats marks are producing some good fish.

Surprised there are not more Boat reports from Herne Bay.
Well thats the problem. Because people think Herne Bay is sheite for fishing people dont bother. But from what i have heard recently from regular anglers who fish the bay. It can be class. Smoothounds, rays, stingers, bass and a few other species all caught off the beach. You don't allways have to go as far as minnis bay!

I just need to catch something decent from the beach now!

Hounds and rays of the neptunes arm...i had to look twice when i read that in the Herne Bay times!!!!!:blink::yeah:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
well done mate i almost pmed u yesterday to ask if i could come along as i never fished herne bay beore wish i had now, i still had a 6.5lb thorny last night

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi

Herne Bay looks an interesting change

What baits and rigs work best of Neptunes, and can it be fished from lo up?

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Herne Bay looks an interesting change

What baits and rigs work best of Neptunes, and can it be fished from lo up?

Thanks

Tim
Crab is still the bait , I would make sandeel and raqworm second choice.
You could fish low water up at the moment because we have short tides, but by the middle if the week when the tides get bigger the sand will be exposed. The main problem is you have to wind in over the top the boulders which make up the jetty. this is no prob most of the time but if you do hook a big fish you have no alternative than drag it up because a normal drop net wont work.
The bottom is not rocky so standard gear with perhaps heavier hook snood is fine.
DaveA
p.s. Dont go on a hot summers days as its a jet ski paradise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts