1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,565 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
arr so it was you hot wad!! lol

i know someone who has caught them off hove. no names.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From this site ........:blink:

look under hotspots ..... Hove !!!!!!!! ???????

http://www.worldseafishing.com/news/131/ARTICLE/1362/2006-06-19.html

Think someone has thought of a fish specie then thrown a dart at the map of UK and just guessed this would be a hotspot :g:

Been fishing for about 16 years , never heard or seen a stingray caught at Hove ..... anybody else ? :unsure:
Indeed.
Has it listed as a venue with a track record ,where did they get that from ?:g:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
From this site ........:blink:

look under hotspots ..... Hove !!!!!!!! ???????

http://www.worldseafishing.com/news/131/ARTICLE/1362/2006-06-19.html

Think someone has thought of a fish specie then thrown a dart at the map of UK and just guessed this would be a hotspot :g:

Been fishing for about 16 years , never heard or seen a stingray caught at Hove ..... anybody else ? :unsure:
STINGRAY HOTSPOTS
Areas with a stingray track record are along the Essex coast, Hove in Sussex, the Solent and Isle of Wight beaches, and Cardigan Bay in West Wales. The hotspots are St Osyth in Essex, around Southampton Water, Lepe and Lymington in Hampshire, and Barmouth inside Cardigan Bay.

shows how much i look at the other stuff on this site, im off to hove then to bag myself a sea trout i mean stingray lol

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STINGRAY HOTSPOTS
Areas with a stingray track record are along the Essex coast, Hove in Sussex, the Solent and Isle of Wight beaches, and Cardigan Bay in West Wales. The hotspots are St Osyth in Essex, around Southampton Water, Lepe and Lymington in Hampshire, and Barmouth inside Cardigan Bay.

shows how much i look at the other stuff on this site, im off to hove then to bag myself a sea trout i mean stingray lol
Give it a week and they'll be up the Adur !!!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I know what beach .............it is true.....you gotta hit 150+ with big bait .......but i do know where
Climping is a better bet though..........in fact .......just thought of the fishathon ....lol

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what beach .............it is true.....you gotta hit 150+ with big bait .......but i do know where
Climping is a better bet though..........in fact .......just thought of the fishathon ....lol
When the "run" of stingers is on at hove please let me know .:nonono:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
You will hear about it as soon as i got 1 ..............lol

·
Registered
424 Posts
STINGRAY HOTSPOTS

i dont think i wood class the isle of wight as a hotspot for them well not in the last 10 years

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Mr. B where are you fishing for the fishaton?? can i join you??

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Come on guys, we all know you can catch stingrays from Hove beach.

Requirements:

Bait: King rag or crab.

Rig: One hook ledger or paternoster, size 2/0, longish snood.

Weather: Sunny, warm and a calm clear sea.

Casting distance: 12 miles in a westerly direction!

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,007 Posts
In all honesty this is my fault 100% (and i've just been given a verbal slapping for it by the old man).

The article was actually written in 1990 (at the time there where catches at Hove and at numerous places around the channel) - the article was added in to WSF in 2000, no excuse but it was a rush job due to A-Levels at the time (is it really that long ago!) and I never checked it, usually articles get totally re-written, this one wasn't, i'm just amazed its taken 7 years for somebody to find the info was not quite as up to date as it should have been :D

I'll pull this one and get a new article written when I get some time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.