World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discovered a cracking "new" dab bait the other day. Stinky rag! I'd read all the stuff about smelly old black lug working, but rag wasn't meant to be any good. Wrong! Pulled the fish like mad and the bites were fierce. Also took the biggest of the session. The only drawbacks I could see were that you couldn't power cast it (too soft) and it made you smell like a corpse.

So, to prepare -

1. Dig/buy ragworm
2. Leave inside a Peugeot 106 diesel until dead
3. Leave for a couple more days
4. Bait up (baiting needle helps)

Ideally the rag should still be whole, but should be filled with yellowish pus.
I'm never throwing dead rag away again!

Mmmmm....

Rhod.

PS under no conditions let a non-angler into the Peugeot during the preparation process. They just don't understand.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
fishingrhod said:
Discovered a cracking "new" dab bait the other day. Stinky rag! I'd read all the stuff about smelly old black lug working, but rag wasn't meant to be any good. Wrong! Pulled the fish like mad and the bites were fierce. Also took the biggest of the session. The only drawbacks I could see were that you couldn't power cast it (too soft) and it made you smell like a corpse.

So, to prepare -

1. Dig/buy ragworm
2. Leave inside a Peugeot 106 diesel until dead
3. Leave for a couple more days
4. Bait up (baiting needle helps)

Ideally the rag should still be whole, but should be filled with yellowish pus.
I'm never throwing dead rag away again!

Mmmmm....

Rhod.

PS under no conditions let a non-angler into the Peugeot during the preparation process. They just don't understand.
Also if you have lots left over after an unproductive shore session, and are boat fishing the following summer, freeze it down. It's an incredibly good black bream bait. I remember one day out in Cardigan Bay with Nick Hughes when I tried it. I was getting good bream every drop within seconds, much to the annoyance of the rest of the lads using fresh mackerel and squid strips. After about 20 minutes I let on what I was doing and they all started catching well too!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have enough trouble in the house with fresh bait or after I come home after an eight hour session. I can't wait to see the reaction to me attempting to try this one lads. Well I'll keep you posted if I'm still alive after the trial.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts