World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies & gents,

I'm looking to fish near to Browndown Battery next week, (in front of the Alverbank West carpark) during the day - day off work. Unfortunately, it's going to be a 5m tide, but I just want to grab the rare chance of getting onto a beach. :frown:. I'm guessing that I'm going to need 6oz of lead and that current and weed will almost certainly be a problem?

Any tips on areas of snags or where the tide is going to be un-fishable would be very much welcome.:)

Cheers,

Jimma.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
A few mates fished stokes bay sat and they said loads of weed mate . Only a couple of doggies and pout caught . I think it’s got to be worth a try for a bass .

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ladies & gents,

I'm looking to fish near to Browndown Battery next week, (in front of the Alverbank West carpark) during the day - day off work. Unfortunately, it's going to be a 5m tide, but I just want to grab the rare chance of getting onto a beach. :frown:. I'm guessing that I'm going to need 6oz of lead and that current and weed will almost certainly be a problem?

Any tips on areas of snags or where the tide is going to be un-fishable would be very much welcome.:)

Cheers,

Jimma.
Hi Jimmy - You might have better luck posting on South Coast section mate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts