World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I had two rods stolen from my garage last night during a series of break-ins around my area.

In total there were around 10 cars and garages broken into and the amount of property stolen quite extensive.

The two rods that I had stolen were a Shimano Stradic and a Zziplex 3500 - both if which are quite unique and easily identifiable.

Shimano Stradic

it has been shortened to 12'9 and has had all the high build removed so it is now an all black blank with black and gold whippings. It has Fuji BNHG rings and fitted with coasters for a multiplier in the reel down position. There is a thumby taped onto the butt.

This rod is quite old and has quite a few scuffs and white spiral reflective tape on the tip.

Zziplex 3500

again this rod has been shortened to 12'9 and has alconite rings with black whippings with red tips. It is fitted with coasters and rung for multiplier reel down with a taped on thumby. It has a Fuji butt cap and white reflective tape sprialled around the tip.

As you can see, these rods are easily identifiable and were in a Mustad rod holdall when they were taken. The Police have caught the criminals and they are now in custody, but only some of the stolen property has been recovered. My rods are not part of the inventory but I live in hope.

If you see these rods for sale, please do not buy them as they could land you in trouble if you are caught with them. Instead, inform the police who will get in touch with me.

The rods are insured but I would still like them back if possible.

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about your loss. Might I suggest that you contact your local tackle shop and put them in the picture. The same goes for second hand shops, and the thieving [email protected] favorite. Cash convertors.
All the tackle shops and pawn shops have already been informed by the Police. The unfortunate thing is that the thieves will not have known what they have stolen. Our dog went mental at the front door in the early hours of this morning and we just thought he was barking at the fox again (its been happening all week). This probably spooked them and they ran off with the first thing they could lay to hand - my rod bag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts