World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Had some gear nicked out of my car last night:-

Shakespeare box with Breakaway backrest conversion. See piccy it's very distinctive and it has an old telephone number scribed on the inside.

Daiwa SLOSH30 loaded with red ice

Rig wallet + traces, bits box full of sakumas and the usual bits and bobs.

In addition a Medion PDA with Tom Tom sat nav.

To say I'm ****ed off would be an understatement. If anyone comes across this send me a pm. Oh and if you're offered it ffs don't buy it, I'd recognise the box anyhwere!

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Was it nicked form outside your house,or somewhere else ?....

PM coming your way.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nicked from Doncaster but it could turn up anywhere.

Cash convertors will get a visit from me in the next day or two, you never know they may be really stoopid thieves!

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts

Cash convertors will get a visit from me in the next day or two, you never know they may be really stoopid thieves!

Check out the local battle cruiser as well mate......

Knocked off gear sold in pub car parks is always a possibility....

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wahey ! The box has been found and is going to be returned today!!!

A guy that works for Tesco had been in the Tesco express shop early on Monday morning and found the box dumped in the churchyard about 200 yards up the road from my house. Being a fisherman himself he figured it had been nicked and shoved it in his van for safe keeping. He called to the shop later in the day to ask the girls that work there if they knew anything about it, by this time I'd placed an advert asking for info on the notice board in there. Hey presto phonecall from the guy last night, gear being dropped off at my house later today!

The thieves obviously got fed up lunking the weight of the box, nicked the slosh30 and dumped the rest.
Wow I'm a lucky sod!

Actually no I'm not, fished at Sutton on Sea last night and had my passenger door window smashed in!!! ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm a rep and had a large piece of furniture on the backseat covered with bubble wrap...doh , yeah I know dont leave anything visible, well I wouldn't have except I can't lift the thing on my own.

This happened at the end of Bohemia Way so guys beware if you're parking there, leave nowt up for grabs. And all that hassle for a poncy flounder!

Anyways at least I get all my terminal tackle back and my beloved box that I've owned for 25 years!

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Damn !!!!!!!!!!

You got bad luck following ya or what ?.......

But it's good to hear you got most of it back,and I will bet you now,that your slosh will be in the nearest cash converter..........

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It,s a pig when bad luck slaps you in the face mate.... especially when it,s your fishing gear.... at least they didn,t take owt from the car this time... on a possitive note you got a flounder & i got a hound...yippeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
942 Posts

All thieves are stupid pond life!!:bangin:

Glad to hear you got most of the gear back though.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Glad to hear you got most of your gear back, shame about the window

1 - 10 of 10 Posts