World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Had some gear nicked out of my car last night:-

Shakespeare box with Breakaway backrest conversion. See piccy it's very distinctive and it has an old telephone number scribed on the inside.

Daiwa SLOSH30 loaded with red ice

Rig wallet + traces, bits box full of sakumas and the usual bits and bobs.

In addition a Medion PDA with Tom Tom sat nav.

To say I'm ****ed off would be an understatement. If anyone comes across this send me a pm. Oh and if you're offered it ffs don't buy it, I'd recognise the box anyhwere!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, hope you get your gear back, where abouts did it go missing, at home or on holiday as its more likely to turn up for sale locally or on e-bay, will keep my eyes and ears open.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nicked from Doncaster but it could turn up anywhere. The local cash convertors stores will be getting a visit in a few days.....

scumbags, it will take me hours to re-tie all the rigs let alone the cost of the terminal tackle.

We should do what they do out in the middle east and cut the hands off thieving barstewards !

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Scum they are every where just waiting to nick whatever you have.Fishermen are an easy target and the gear is easy to get rid of.
MY mate got robbed while him and his wife and kid were in bed last week. They took his carp gear, laptop, phones, camcorder all easy to get rid of and a spare set of key,s came back the night after and did his
wifes car Its the sign of the times and what do you get in return .....................................a bloody crime number

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
nearly had my motor bike nicked sat night by two teenagers ...........................................................................................

only got of it less than 10 Min's and it was parked on my own drive if it wasn't for the neighbors it would have been gone ......:nonono::uhuh:

ended up in a mate being stabbed and taken to hospital

sorry to hear about your loss matey and being insured doesn't compensate for the loss

the thugs ,thieves and teenage thugs have too many rights these days we all no what should happen to them but the world gone soft

please keep the verbals down to a minimum i no its frustrating but I'd hate for people to get into trouble

tightlines........................daz

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
that is bad news hope u get the gear or people responsible

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wahey ! The box has been found and is going to be returned today!!!

A guy that works for Tesco had been in the Tesco express shop early on Monday morning and found the box dumped in the churchyard about 200 yards up the road from my house. Being a fisherman himself he figured it had been nicked and shoved it in his van for safe keeping. He called to the shop later in the day to ask the girls that work there if they knew anything about it, by this time I'd placed an advert asking for info on the notice board in there. Hey presto phonecall from the guy last night, gear being dropped off at my house later today!

The thieves obviously got fed up lunking the weight of the box, nicked the slosh30 and dumped the rest.
Wow I'm a lucky sod!

Actually no I'm not, fished at Sutton on Sea last night and had my passenger door window smashed in!!! ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm a rep and had a large piece of furniture on the backseat covered with bubble wrap...doh , yeah I know dont leave anything visible, well I wouldn't have except I can't lift the thing on my own.

This happened at the end of Bohemia Way so guys beware if you're parking there, leave nowt up for grabs. And all that hassle for a poncy flounder!

Anyways at least I get all my terminal tackle back and my beloved box that I've owned for 25 years!

·
Registered
667 Posts
At least you've got the box back, but the b%&*!+rds have got your reel. I fish a lot in Scotland and Cumbria, I'll keep a look out for your reel. Did it have any recognisable markings?
If they do get caught, I'm sure the authorities have teams of Social Workers waiting to understand why they did it.

G

·
At least you've got the box back, but the b%&*!+rds have got your reel. I fish a lot in Scotland and Cumbria, I'll keep a look out for your reel. Did it have any recognisable markings?
If they do get caught, I'm sure the authorities have teams of Social Workers waiting to understand why they did it.
i used to be a social worker. my hypothesis is they wanted to sell it for money....................

·
Registered
457 Posts
i used to be a social worker. my hypothesis is they wanted to sell it for money....................
...........well done GMD,..... you can probably get government grants to come up with hypotheses like that!!

Pleased to hear that you got your gear back Zagman..... a few years ago I'd just moved house one day, not transfered my home insurance the same day, got cleaned out ...everything with a plug on, all the wifes jewelery and my total fishing tackle (which adds up to a lot more than you think when you sit down to total it) I had to quit fishing for a couple of years as a result..... nearly gave me a nervous breakdown...(some suggest it did!!) .... so I really am pleased for you and hope you get the window sorted and reel back too!
Tight lines
Billy

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Pleased you got your gear back, that was good news.
Might be worth posting something on the East coast about Bohemia though.......:g:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts