World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there

Would appreciate it if everyone could please keep an eye out for my Orkney Strikeliner that was stolen from the beach at Eastbourne Angling Club(on the 13/14th July) .
The boat is white with an open cabin , Yamaha 30hp outboard and had a hyrdaulic (Vetus) steering system fitted.

Substancial reward offered for return (£500) please pm me or call on 07932 083 540

Many thanks

Thankyou very much for your support guys unfortunately the boat was not insured but I am more upset about loosing my ride with the best time for big bass approaching.

I do not have a number for the hull but believe the number for the Yamaha outboard is 305505 and I have attached some pictures.

Some distingiushing features were that the bung fittings were brass and there was a stainless rail on top of the cabin. The hull had had 3 stainless steel keels fitted along the bottom and underneath the bench seat was a anode that went through the hull. The name of the boat was Easy Slider(previous owners not mine!).

Appreciate all your help

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi there

Would appreciate it if everyone could please keep an eye out for my Orkney Strikeliner that was stolen from the beach at Eastbourne Angling Club(on the 13/14th July) .
The boat is white with an open cabin , Yamaha 30hp outboard and had a hyrdaulic (Vetus) steering system fitted.

Substancial reward offered for return (£500) please pm me or call on 07932 083 540

Many thanks
hi... am sorry to hear your bad news, i hope your insured??
i am based in Lewes so if it gets offered at our club i'll do my bit to get it back for you... good luck

chris

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi, sory to hear about that ,with so many members , out here ,have you a record of any numbers you can publish on the site , boat. engine ,any name on boat , also any damage or fittings that might help identify at a glance . I am sure the guys on here will be only too willing to keep there eyes open . also would the mods consider putting the details on the other forums, ime sure the shore fishing lads would appreciate the chance to help. Hope you get a speedy result . Pinchers

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou very much for your support guys unfortunately the boat was not insured but I am more upset about loosing my ride with the best time for big bass approaching.

I do not have a number for the hull but believe the number for the Yamaha outboard is 305505 and I have attached some pictures.

Some distingiushing features were that the bung fittings were brass and there was a stainless rail on top of the cabin. The hull had had 3 stainless steel keels fitted along the bottom and underneath the bench seat was a anode that went through the hull. The name of the boat was Easy Slider(previous owners not mine!).

Appreciate all your help

Attachments

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Dont mind me asking,but why wasnt it insured?

G

·
Dont mind me asking,but why wasnt it insured?
You'd be surpirsed how many people just choose not too, many just don't bother, it's not uncommon and nobody says you have too!

Sorry to hear your news fella, there are not too many around in that condition I would say, she is a lovely boat and they would have trouble using it and not being noticed. Be prepared for it to get "put away" out of site for a while!

Good luck

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
You'd be surpirsed how many people just choose not too, many just don't bother, it's not uncommon and nobody says you have too!

Sorry to hear your news fella, there are not too many around in that condition I would say, she is a lovely boat and they would have trouble using it and not being noticed. Be prepared for it to get "put away" out of site for a while!

Good luck
A £100 insurance premium,could have saved him a lot of money...anyone with out insurance,get it!

G

·
A £100 insurance premium,could have saved him a lot of money...anyone with out insurance,get it!

He knows that now, but we have to realise, small boat in locked garden/ compound etc rarely used etc I can see the logic, I never insured years ago, mind you it was more expensive and complicated then and boats were worth much lesss.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Insurance is a wonderful thing to have, if out of a mooring it is cheap, soon as you mention beach launching it goes through the roof. I phoned up for a quote and was told around £150, then got to the nitty gritty and when beach launching was mentioned it went upto nearly a grand. Is it worth paying a grand a year for a 17ft skiff? After only a few years you could buy a new one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
here in jersey it is a legal requirement to insure boats that exceed 12 knts must be reg and have a JY no. and have insurance . this is a yearly reg .

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Insurance is a wonderful thing to have, if out of a mooring it is cheap, soon as you mention beach launching it goes through the roof. I phoned up for a quote and was told around £150, then got to the nitty gritty and when beach launching was mentioned it went upto nearly a grand. Is it worth paying a grand a year for a 17ft skiff? After only a few years you could buy a new one.
ok,if your car was worth £500,and insurance was £1000,would you drive with no insurance??it`s not just to cover the cost of your boat,what if you hit another boat??

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
here in jersey it is a legal requirement to insure boats that exceed 12 knts must be reg and have a JY no. and have insurance . this is a yearly reg .
It should be compulsory here to,if you cant afford insurance,take up another hobby,simple.

G

·
It should be compulsory here to,if you cant afford insurance,take up another hobby,simple.
That is a bit harsh, but is also getting away from the fact that the poor guy has lost his boat and is asking us to keep an eye out for it.
I would ask all members to keep watch for it when they are out and about. If you see it then notify the authorities as soon as possible.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
That is a bit harsh, but is also getting away from the fact that the poor guy has lost his boat and is asking us to keep an eye out for it.
I would ask all members to keep watch for it when they are out and about. If you see it then notify the authorities as soon as possible.
OK,how would you feel if a uninsured boat,hit your boat,or caused you personal injury.i do feel sorry for the guy,but having no insurance is plain stupid.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
OK,how would you feel if a uninsured boat,hit your boat,or caused you personal injury.i do feel sorry for the guy,but having no insurance is plain stupid.
sorry mate, but your'e a hard hearted character. you must find it so easy to be perfect
and unsympathetic at the same time.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
sorry mate, but your'e a hard hearted character. you must find it so easy to be perfect
and unsympathetic at the same time.
I do genuinely feel sorry for him,id hate it if my boat was stolen,but fact is,all boats should be insured,end of story.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts