World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stone only small in my syntra only gets stuck inbtween the top 5 eyes and will not drop out any ideas try a stick and a hoover

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
HOPE you get it out as you a stiff point which could give it a weak point and thats where it will pop.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
how about squirting a bit of wd40 down there, make sure it reaches the ren the turn the tip over and wiggle it a bit.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I have repaired several rods where the owner has put the end of the tip section on the pea gravel that is slapton and beesands beaches. The wet pea gravel sticks to the outside and the inside of the tip section. The angler wipes the tiny pebbles off the outside, but the inside ones stick. Putting the rod in its bag involves inverting the rod, and the smaller pebbles detach and travel down the inside until they can go no further, and jam itself inside the blank. Now every time the rod is flexed by casting and retrieving, the pebble wears away the tube from the inside, which eventually snaps in mid-cast, and 80% of the time the pebble flies out, and the owner, with no evidence, blames the rod's maker. If repairable, I fit an internal spigot and an external sleeve, with a reinforcing whipping. The repair is usually about 2-3 inches long. The rings from the break to the tip of the rod have to be removed and re-fitted. In the last 25 years I have probably done 2 or 3 a year, I haven't had one back yet. Once repaired, I put a bit of foam rod grip up inside the blank, so it can't happen again...unless the owner removes it!
Hope this helps.
PTR

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
Hold it on the washing machine when on fast spin. The vibrations might free it.

well it might work?
works with the missis eh si lol :roll1:

i would be inclined to try taking the tip ring off out of all the suggestions mate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts