World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Stonehaven 09:00 to 16:00,TideLT=10:00 HT=16:17,Bait mackie,bluey,ragworm,lugworm,Weather sunny, wind coming in from sea,chilly.

Headed up here with the hope of getting a few dabs but that was not to be I only managed the one small dab. There was plenty of crabs around because the bait was vanishing fast with no sign of bites. I thought the worms might get a touch of something but no luck. Most of my time spent talking to folk. There was a Frenchman who fished for about an hour and a half. Nothing surprising there and the same with his kit apart from his weights. At the end of his trace he had a thick rubber band with a small rock in it, it worked well for him said it's cheaper than weights and doesn't worry if he loses them..good point.
I got talking to another guy who does kayak fishing out of Stonehaven i recognised him because i'm sure he was on my previous video that i made up there. A guy came up from a crab boat that just pulled in and gave the French guy a hermit crab who gave it to me. The guy said if he knew we were fishing he could have brought a load of them in. Apparently landward were making a film on the boat about crab fishing with Dougie Vipond.I actually videod him coming of ship well i thought i did my camera wasn't on doh. I was going to make video of trip but one fish no point.
Total catch 1 dab which was caught on lugworm. Ah well if nothing else it's another for my species list.

Heading to Wormit to meet Alex and try there, gonna give the float a shot over there this time i know it works i've seen a couple of kids catching flatties on it there before.

tn_GEDC0221.JPG

My only fish of sesh a wee dab.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi I seen you guy's fishing there and was going to come up for a chat but didn't have a jacket in the car as that wind was quite cold.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flatties on the float sounds interesting. Good luck mate.
I didn't get a chance due to the wind. Next time hopefully.

Good report and a nice wee Dab there, well done! Float fishing for flatties is great fun by the way...good luck! Tight lines! Gary
Thanks Gary,when i seen the kids doing it it certainly looked fun.

Hi I seen you guy's fishing there and was going to come up for a chat but didn't have a jacket in the car as that wind was quite cold.
Sorry are you sure it was me i was on my own as Alex couldn't make it. Your not kidding about the cold and that wind was annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts