Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17/06/05
Stonehaven Boat Trip
Weather:Sun , Slight Wind
Bait:Mussel , Squid,Ragworm
Fish Caught: 7

Arrived at Stonehaven just, Again fishing with members of ANGLERSNET , Arthurcodsbody , peterthefisherman , david w ,bill.
Steamed out of harbour for 1 hour dropped down and most were into haddock i caught a good sized whiting but tangled up with Brian to busy trying to get tangle out instead of fishing.Brian caught his first fish a Coalfish our baits were getting ripped off.

While we were there species caught were haddock , coalfish dab , codling , whiting , ling. We headed off closer to shore where a chance of better cod.
Matt & Bill were straight into good size cod as was david & Peter , me & Brian were jinxed only a fish each in 4 hours while others were catching on worms.
Then Brian caught a small ling Followed by another ling

and finally i caught a codling of keepable size.
The boat had a constant stream of fish in the last half hour scrouged a couple of ragworm off peter i was right into a dab

followed by my second just at the end.

Species caught on this trip were , Cod , Ling , Coalfish , Dab , Wrasse , Whiting , Haddock , Sea Scorpion ,
A very enjoyable day out in fine company and weather.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Sulter

I'm so jealous, the only thing i caught that day was the sun. Cracking fish and a nice set of photos

Yours in envy

Woodster

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fishforce biggest haddock was just over size
biggest cod over 4 1/2 lb and a few of them.
the trip was aimed at spieces although big fish are always welcome :D
woodster took a day off from work paid though
but my wife is making me pay now for the trip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts