World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Stonehaven pier 09:30 to 21:30, Bait mackie,bluey,squid,ragworm,lugworm.
Tide LT=10:57 HT=17:16, Weather calm and misty top start with light winds coming in later.

I have been wanting to get back up here for a while wasn't to great last time so wanted to see if i can do better this time. Another thing when the mackie are in you have a better chance of actually landing what you catch. When i arrived there was a couple of guys fishing who had quite a few mackerel already. I decided to try a quick cast into the dock with all my reels needed casting after being cleaned. Went well then when i tried the rod with feathers i caught a mackie in the middle of harbour.

So on with the fishing first fish to come to land was a dab nice start,followed by three single mackies then a double of a mackie and dab.Then it was a case of mackies singles and doubles and dropping the odd one or two too. This was followed by another dab, mackerel another dab. Another couple of mackies came to land then i got a Lsss something different and the smallest fish of the day a coalfish a few cm long tail caught and a bit of a fighter too lol.Then it was back to catching the mackies again with another dab in the mix for good measure.

It turned out to be not a bad day with plenty fish i was happy with that got talking to quite a few other anglers a couple of whom knew me though my videos. The best laugh were kids that were swimming later on in the harbour, i heard one of them shouting peeler it turns he and some of the other kids have seen my videos and enjoy them, must be doing something right. The fish were caught on mackie,lug and rag even got a mackie on the mackie bait. I lost the odd bit of gear casting to my left and finding myself tangled in a couple of lines which were well stuck. Police divers turned up to do some training and pulled up an amazing amount of leads spinners etc, a young lad next to me asked them for some they gave him one...i take it there's an angler at police station gonna be getting some gear.

Total catch for sesh...Mackerel 21,Dab 5, Lsss 1,Coalfish 1 all in all not a bad catch.

Watch video HERE

tn_GEDC0703.JPG

My first fish a nice dab.
tn_GEDC0707.JPG

An unusual double dab and mackie
tn_GEDC0717.JPG

My only lsss of sesh.
tn_GEDC0719.JPG

A beast of a coalfish :rolleyes:
tn_Mackerel.JPG

My mackerel catch for sesh .

Reactions: sniggle

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Great report Mike, you'll soon no be able to walk down the street, before someone stops you and asks you to sign their tackle box;).
The honours list is coming soon ......
Sir peeler got a certain ring:).

Seriously, sounds a busy and fun session, well done you.
Going to watch your video now.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Willie

Reactions: peeler3

·
Registered
350 Posts
Tide LT=10:57 HT=17:16, Weather calm and misty top start with light winds coming in later.

I have been wanting to get back up here for a while wasn't to great last time so wanted to see if i can do better this time. Another thing when the mackie are in you have a better chance of actually landing what you catch. When i arrived there was a couple of guys fishing who had quite a few mackerel already. I decided to try a quick cast into the dock with all my reels needed casting after being cleaned. Went well then when i tried the rod with feathers i caught a mackie in the middle of harbour.

So on with the fishing first fish to come to land was a dab nice start,followed by three single mackies then a double of a mackie and dab.Then it was a case of mackies singles and doubles and dropping the odd one or two too. This was followed by another dab, mackerel another dab. Another couple of mackies came to land then i got a Lsss something different and the smallest fish of the day a coalfish a few cm long tail caught and a bit of a fighter too lol.Then it was back to catching the mackies again with another dab in the mix for good measure.

It turned out to be not a bad day with plenty fish i was happy with that got talking to quite a few other anglers a couple of whom knew me though my videos. The best laugh were kids that were swimming later on in the harbour, i heard one of them shouting peeler it turns he and some of the other kids have seen my videos and enjoy them, must be doing something right. The fish were caught on mackie,lug and rag even got a mackie on the mackie bait. I lost the odd bit of gear casting to my left and finding myself tangled in a couple of lines which were well stuck. Police divers turned up to do some training and pulled up an amazing amount of leads spinners etc, a young lad next to me asked them for some they gave him one...i take it there's an angler at police station gonna be getting some gear.

Total catch for sesh...Mackerel 21,Dab 5, Lsss 1,Coalfish 1 all in all not a bad catch.

Watch video HERE

View attachment 544970
View attachment 544978
View attachment 544986
My only lsss of sesh.
View attachment 544994
View attachment 545002
Excellent Report as always, and a great catch and a good selection of species which is nice to see. Tight Lines!!

Reactions: peeler3

·
Registered
3,829 Posts

Watch video HERE

View attachment 544970
View attachment 544978
View attachment 544986
My only lsss of sesh.
View attachment 544994
View attachment 545002
Great report as always peeler what happened with video this time or is it on youtube.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great report Mike, you'll soon no be able to walk down the street, before someone stops you and asks you to sign their tackle box;).
The honours list is coming soon ......
Sir peeler got a certain ring:).

Seriously, sounds a busy and fun session, well done you.
Going to watch your video now.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Willie
Thanks Willie, Sir peeler mmm sounds a bit sleezy to me :rolleyes:. It was a decent day and the weather helped too.

Great read as always mike ,good report
Thanks Kev Good to hear you enjoy reading them.

Well done Peeler
Steady sesh there .
Thanks Craig.

Excellent Report as always, and a great catch and a good selection of species which is nice to see. Tight Lines!!
Thanks Craig, thought i would have had more dabs but they seem to be thin on the ground atm.

Great report as always peeler what happened with video this time or is it on youtube.
Thanks Bykerfisher video is there.

Just seen it at very end, dope or what lol
Should have went to specsavers :D

Well done Mike, been climbing mountains today, will get back to the fish soon lol
Thanks Burnie, aye you'll no get fish up a mountain.

Fame at last Mike eh? Keep 'em coming. Good session that. Not only a few fish but four species too which is always good.
Thanks Eric, it's good to speak to the folk that watch the videos hear what they like and dislike about them all good so far. It's always good to get a variety of species on a trip i say.

Sorry for not getting back sooner busy just now, will be out of the fishing for the next month or so, time for a holiday.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts