World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Travelled up to Aberdeen on Wednesday and on the way stopped off at this lovely little fishing port just south of Aberdeen. Wanted a little break from the driving and `had the need` to do a bit of fishing! Got along to the end of the jetty and assembled my telescopic rod to have a couple of casts. I had brought a frozen mackerel with me `just in case`. Put down my box, got the mackerel and my knife ready. I was just putting on some end gear when a gale of wind came and blew the f.,k.,ng lot off the jetty and into the sea! :(
Just for the record, I can report that those Opinel French knives, although with wooden handles, DO NOT FLOAT! Neither incidentally does a whole mackerel, a fishing box or various bits of end gear! :)))
I have attached a picture which shows my rod at the end of the jetty minus my gear. It is actually cold and blowing a howler.

Lovely little place though and great people.
Hope you boys are not catching all the fish while i`m away!
Tight lines,
Rich

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
hi m8 aberdeen i am going up there next week for a week staying at nairn but my son is at uni in aberdeen so we visit there quite a lot.have you tried fishing at aberdeen cos theres a goodplace for sea trout and theres a mark at the left side of the sea front that is flatty heaven i just hope the weather holds up for us as there is snow forcast from the north i will try stonehaven as my son told me about it last week in fact nice place he said worth a visit any bait shops up there?cos theres only 1 in the whole of aberdeen and as you know it's a big place.tight lines andy ILSF...:) :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unlucky mate:yucky: Did you lose much stuff?
Hi Kev,

No didn`t lose much really as I only brought enough bits and pieces for a bit of scratching. It was f,./k/.ng amazing, i`ve never known a gust of wind like it. It just blew the whole lot over the side. It must have blown it about 6 feet into the sea!
All the best,
Rich

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi m8 aberdeen i am going up there next week for a week staying at nairn but my son is at uni in aberdeen so we visit there quite a lot.have you tried fishing at aberdeen cos theres a goodplace for sea trout and theres a mark at the left side of the sea front that is flatty heaven i just hope the weather holds up for us as there is snow forcast from the north i will try stonehaven as my son told me about it last week in fact nice place he said worth a visit any bait shops up there?cos theres only 1 in the whole of aberdeen and as you know it's a big place.tight lines andy ILSF...:) :)

Hi Mate,
I`m not aware of a bait shop in Aberdeen so I would just take something with you. Saying that you can always get a Mackerel at the Supermarkets. I know where you mean for the flatties, I spotted the mark straight away. It`s at the mouth of the river Don on the left hand side of Aberdeen beach. I won`t have time to give it a go as I`m busy and have to be back in Barry Sunday/Monday.
Really looking forward to driving 10 hours in the Snow and Rain!.....NOT! :)))
Take some warm clothes when you come here.
Great fish and chips!
All the best,
Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts