World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SW Shore Hunter
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not done much float fishing recently but my mate has been coming fishing with me the past few weeks and he said he'd only ever been freshwater fishing and wants to get in to sea fishing and also said he knows a bit about float fishing so i think this maybe this is the best place to start.
However, I've always used a fixed stop knot as i don't like using elastic bands, making the float depth the maximum i want then cutting off line to change the depth to find the fish or as the tide goes out but obviously that won't work fishing low tide to high, I've never used the power gum stop knot line, is it any good? i.e does it stick properly to the line without it sliding in the water, go through line guides okay or is there another better method?

Cheers Jackson :fish:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I use a small piece of plastic tube or hear shrink, run line through top of tube out bottom then back through top out bottom and down that way once your bead,float,bead lead is on, you can just slide it up/down to suit, just slacken line around it a bit and move it, then pull line tight again! Works for me without slipping mate, ill show you next time bud!

·
SW Shore Hunter
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a small piece of plastic tube or hear shrink, run line through top of tube out bottom then back through top out bottom and down that way once your bead,float,bead lead is on, you can just slide it up/down to suit, just slacken line around it a bit and move it, then pull line tight again! Works for me without slipping mate, ill show you next time bud!
Sounds good cheers bud, I've got some crimps i wonder if a piece of rubber tube like what comes on the hooks of lures and spinners sometimes would fit inside one and lightly crimp it on so it slides?or would that be a nightmare on casting?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Not done much float fishing recently but my mate has been coming fishing with me the past few weeks and he said he'd only ever been freshwater fishing and wants to get in to sea fishing and also said he knows a bit about float fishing so i think this maybe this is the best place to start.
However, I've always used a fixed stop knot as i don't like using elastic bands, making the float depth the maximum i want then cutting off line to change the depth to find the fish or as the tide goes out but obviously that won't work fishing low tide to high, I've never used the power gum stop knot line, is it any good? i.e does it stick properly to the line without it sliding in the water, go through line guides okay or is there another better method?

Cheers Jackson :fish:
Just use a 3 turn grinner knot with " drennen powergum " . If you want it completely locked slide two next to one another then if you want to adjust them then wet the line and move one at a time with thumb nail . :blink::secret:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Try Koike rubber stops (99p a packet and I'm even using them on my main traces instead of crimps).

Ernie - PM me your house number and I'll send you a packet pending us going fishing again.

Regards,

Mal

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Try Koike rubber stops (99p a packet and I'm even using them on my main traces instead of crimps).

Ernie - PM me your house number and I'll send you a packet pending us going fishing again.

Regards,

Mal
Interesting someone was using these on their rigs at weekend, at least assume thats what they were, very smart. Have just done a search and strugling to find them, where might i find some? Thanks

steve

·
SW Shore Hunter
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Regards,

Mal

Do they just sit tight on line? do the come in one size or different lb'age ones? thanks for the reply I've seen loads of people using 'em but not myself, don't fish the float much cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.