World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,im having problems with my stop knots for float fishing,never done them before,can ayone give me any advice,beast stuff tu use,best knot etc,thanks.....stevie.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I usually use a short length of power gum, not too bad at being able to move it up and down the line to adjust the depth.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
i use rig tubing but you can use a elastic band,it will do the job

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
As they say a bit of rig tubing and just move it up and down to suit

·
Registered
336 Posts
I use pole elastic, it comes in all different thicknes so you can buy the size you need for the size of your rod rings, slides through your rings easy when casting & is highly visible so you can see if you are fishing over depth & is about half the price of power gum, 5m spool will cost about £2.50 :crazy:

As for your stop knot, try this link out

http://www.pacgb.co.uk/tips/stopknot.html

Tight lines,
Colin.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
telephone wire is another good one use one strand out of 6-8 or what evers in there,couple oh inches last you ages..

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I just cut off a wee bit from my mainline and tie on with a grinner ( 4 wraps round mainline ,form a loop, 4 wraps inside loop , tighten and trim ) should stay on for ages...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys al give them a try,wana try some more float fishing,eventually al catch a fish on the float....thanks for the advice.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
I bought a box of wee coloured rubber bands from Morrisons - cheap as chips, work perfectly and will last me for ages.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts