World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions for the above??
just ordered loads ready for bassing in the summer….I know avoid sunlight/heat……...
rig wallet?
long slim tackle box to fit in wading jacket?

thanks
BD

·
Registered
567 Posts
I use both and tend to just keep them in their packets.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I opened my lure box today, and i had a couple of soft plastics in one compartment, and one of them had started to like melt. Do they react like that when in contact with other SP`s?

·
Registered
760 Posts
I opened my lure box today, and i had a couple of soft plastics in one compartment, and one of them had started to like melt. Do they react like that when in contact with other SP`s?
Some react with each other (or the box if not sp proof) I've noticed I have to keep my snowbee sp's away from everything else especially as they tend to be big reactors, the softer lures seem to be the more prone to it especially if scented or impregnated with salt.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Some react with each other (or the box if not sp proof) I've noticed I have to keep my snowbee sp's away from everything else especially as they tend to be big reactors, the softer lures seem to be the more prone to it especially if scented or impregnated with salt.
The one of mine that melted was a real soft one, blimey, i better get them separated then..cheers..

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have never had an SP react with a lure box personally, but some will react with each other most don't, the way to look at it is, if they come in separate compartments in their packets, such as Megabass Vois Spindle Worms, they are likely to react both with each other and other lures, so keep them separate from everything else, if they come in a packet all together they should be ok but I tend to keep them in their packets just to be on the safe side.

The SG Sand Eels and Redgills I keep in their packets just to help keep them in shape, apparently Redgill used to sell a tail stretcher, I have never seen one personally, but I have been told people used to store their Redgills on them, stretching the tails made them thinner and gave them more movement.
Keeping them in their packets is just easier.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have never had an SP react with a lure box personally, but some will react with each other most don't, the way to look at it is, if they come in separate compartments in their packets, such as Megabass Vois Spindle Worms, they are likely to react both with each other and other lures, so keep them separate from everything else, if they come in a packet all together they should be ok but I tend to keep them in their packets just to be on the safe side.

The SG Sand Eels and Redgills I keep in their packets just to help keep them in shape, apparently Redgill used to sell a tail stretcher, I have never seen one personally, but I have been told people used to store their Redgills on them, stretching the tails made them thinner and gave them more movement.
Keeping them in their packets is just easier.
Heres a pic of the box from a Sakura rock pocket after I left some sp worms in it thinking it would probably be worm proof, it was not damn things have nearly melted right through the lid.
image.jpg

Scarlet I'm sure there was a post on here the other day about a guy that had made a DIY redgill stretcher, I keep meaning to make one for the boat when I've got a spare bit of plastic as the actions noticeably better with the stretched ones.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Sure there was a post on here recently about homemade tail stretchers.

Edit: Lol ^^^ beat me to it!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Heres a pic of the box from a Sakura rock pocket after I left some sp worms in it thinking it would probably be worm proof, it was not damn things have nearly melted right through the lid.
View attachment 198031

Scarlet I'm sure there was a post on here the other day about a guy that had made a DIY redgill stretcher, I keep meaning to make one for the boat when I've got a spare bit of plastic as the actions noticeably better with the stretched ones.
Ah, that may be why then, I only use Snowbee lure boxes which must be made of a differnet plastic, the one you have there looks like the sort of thing you get in DIY shops for tacks and screws and things.

Although I do occasionally use Red Gills as they are, I usually buy them to chop in half to glue to the front end of a Sluggo making them weedless, as in Bill ***** Sluggills.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ah, that may be why then, I only use Snowbee lure boxes which must be made of a differnet plastic, the one you have there looks like the sort of thing you get in DIY shops for tacks and screws and things.

Although I do occasionally use Red Gills as they are, I usually buy them to chop in half to glue to the front end of a Sluggo making them weedless, as in Bill ***** Sluggills.
Yeah the snowbee ones are fine, I often put the snowbee xlayer rip offs in one and they are pretty good at melting most non worm proof boxes. I was a bit annoyed about that box though as it's made by Sakura specifically for holding lrf lures definitely not fit for purpose. could of been a lot worse though had I put any gulp in it.

·
Registered
760 Posts

Still worth stretching them probably a good idea to do it before putting them on the sluggo though, I'm surprised they don't have a weedless model out tbh, I only use the evo's and mega vibes offshore never really tried them off the shore.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Still worth stretching them probably a good idea to do it before putting them on the sluggo though, I'm surprised they don't have a weedless model out tbh, I only use the evo's and mega vibes offshore never really tried them off the shore.
I think I remember something about testing of a weedless redgill around autumn last year? Wonder if it made the grade?

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
61,514 Posts
I have had that melting problem but only with the Vios type lures.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think I remember something about testing of a weedless redgill around autumn last year? Wonder if it made the grade?
As far as I was aware, they are going to be released soon, I know Poppy the Dog got a very nice Redgill hoody to wear out fishing with Bill for the suggestion.
And it's good to hear of lure manufacturers listening to people that use them.

I have not seen any of the Redgill versions myself so far, but Bill makes them with either a Senko front and Redgill tail or a Sluggo front and Redgill tail, either way they work very well and are weedless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts