World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had my warrior for about a month now and not used it yet due to work and getting the boat fitted out how i want it. is there anything i need to do before i finally take it out which still wont be for a few weeks yet. do i need to charge the battery. should i be starting the engine up now and then if im not using it to stop anything seizing up. i did flush the engine about a week ago as someone told me you should turn it over now and then if it is not being used but im not so sure. cheers mateys!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
ive had my warrior for about a month now and not used it yet due to work and getting the boat fitted out how i want it. is there anything i need to do before i finally take it out which still wont be for a few weeks yet. do i need to charge the battery. should i be starting the engine up now and then if im not using it to stop anything seizing up. i did flush the engine about a week ago as someone told me you should turn it over now and then if it is not being used but im not so sure. cheers mateys!

Both of what you suggest will certainly help , Charging batteries & giving the engine a run now & then will only do good rather than being left for a month @ a time

But you got a cracking boat get out & enjoy it !!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't know your previous experience (I hope I'm not trying to teach granny to suck eggs...), but just in case you're not aware: DON'T run the engine up unless you have a muff fitted or can put the prop into a big barrel of water. Running an outboard 'dry' will burn out the impellor in less than a minute...

Steve

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tow it down next Sunday and we'll throw it in the water for you .... weather permitting!!
Best method of keeping the boat in shape is using it:fishing:

Del

www.dymchurch-angling.co.uk
thanks for the offer del but sundays are not good for me at the moment. its a busy day in my pub. im going to join your club this week and then ive just got to get my 4hp mariner serviced and fit an auxillary bracket and ill be ready to go. once im sorted the only thing stopping me from getting out every week will be the weather.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Chock the wheels don't leave parked with the brakes on they can stick to the drums and at £50 a set they ain't cheap.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chock the wheels don't leave parked with the brakes on they can stick to the drums and at £50 a set they ain't cheap.
That sounds like a good bit of advice there fella, I will ring my mate right now to cut me 4 chocks. he is a chippy with his own workshop so they will probaly be made of some fancy hardwood knowing him. cheers.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
That sounds like a good bit of advice there fella, I will ring my mate right now to cut me 4 chocks. he is a chippy with his own workshop so they will probaly be made of some fancy hardwood knowing him. cheers.
Anything will do and make sure you flush them and engine after every trip.

What i have done with mine is cover every thing with copperslip grease bar the linning to help preseve them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts