World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Good topic, Bass

I bought quite a few storm shad lures last year on ebay, :confused: (well they looked good ) gonna give them a try when im down in Weymouth in July....any o u guys gives a clue how good they are ?

·
Registered
890 Posts
we regulary use all types of storm lures/shads they are the dogs watsits over wrecks off the isle of wight.
on small tides we use 3foot traces then go to max trace length of 6 foot on large tides. work them close to the wreck for cod or let them hit the bottom and reel up about 30 turns then repeat for pollack.
my best pollack to date is 14 lb 12oz.
i have seen bass caught on them over offshore sand banks but never caught bass on them myself.we mainly use blue wild eye shads 6 inches long.
hope this helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi!

I haven't tried them yet but I know a few guys who have been using them in boats around the Solent and Needles area and catch rates are good...

They wouldn't let on what colours though... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
OK guys... try White, Black & Red. ;)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hmmn....

I bought these buggers last year ? they are green stripped with red in em...in the head they have a lead weight, on the packet they say they are storm shad lures....forgot to mention I got them in America, are they the same thing ?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Cheers Bass, now know I got the same things :D will give em a shot when i down south...or more to the point will lose em when i down south ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Me and a couple of mates were fishing a rock mark in Devon last week called START POINT. Heard all kinds of good reports on this mark but,we had a shite day......until my butty took out a 4'' white holographic shad and immediately started reeling in some nice pollack.
I've since bought six of the same in white and three 5'' in blue.
Caught some on the white but not the blue yet.
Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts