World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Can anyone give me info on the Storm Wlideye 6" sandeels.

• Do they catch bass?
  • What's the best way to put them on a hook?
  • What's the best way to rig and how to use them to catch bass from a boat?

Cheers - Jack

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Jack

i have been told they do catch bass....but as you know that could have been just to sell them.

I would have thought you would set them up just as you would live sandeel, through the head.

as to rigs I would think it would be just like a normal flowing trace from the boat.

Michael :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Guys yes they do catch Bass I rig them on a 9ft 30lb amnesia trace with a 4/0 hook on a flying collar rig, they will also take pollack & mackerel, Had a lot of success with them last year. hook them the same as a jelly worm so that the hook point is sticking through the body about an inch behind the eyes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gusangus said:
Hi Guys yes they do catch Bass I rig them on a 9ft 30lb amnesia trace with a 4/0 hook on a flying collar rig, they will also take pollack & mackerel, Had a lot of success with them last year. hook them the same as a jelly worm so that the hook point is sticking through the body about an inch behind the eyes.
Hi Gusangus and Bassbites

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a go now; they're a bit expensive so I wanted to check that I'd be in with a chance of catching and how to use them. Before buying :)

Anybody found them cheap anywhere? Seems a pkt of 10 at 6" to be around £6.99 + pp

Cheers - Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts