World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well what a [email protected] day, got to the stour with mate dave, and after launching the boat one wheel looked a bit of a odd angle, which explained how the inside if the tyre had worn out, i will look at that later.

any how fishing was poor to say the least, river looked nice and reasonabley clear, noty a huge tide but it wasnt last time and fished well on the ebb. but we drifted and was poor so done some trolling past my fav mark and dave did get 2 takes on his super dexter mutli jointed plug (they look awsome in the river ) dave loast one then got a billy bass but was only about 8oz lol. so we anchored and got a few little bass then had another troll but was running out of water so nothing there, then we decided to use up the bait ion the orwell but only had a few small bass there.

so fishing wise was very poor, when we got back i tipped up the trailer and found that the suspension arm box section had totaly cracked .

so there was no way i was going to tow that home , luckly for me i had dave with me as his small dinkgy was sitting on a old but reasonable condition snipe trailer which did have a coastliner on it so we ditched that got his trailer and then towed the boat home.

dave brought my trailer back to day and buy the looks of it i will have to cut the old end units off as they are part of the mnain axel and then weld plates on underneath and fit 2 suspension units, the trailer will sit a bit higgher but will be a easier fix. plus also dave said i can have his old units so bargainb all i need to buy is 2 plates.

so look like im going to be busy next week then.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Unlucky with the trailer mate, at least you got everything home safe n' well.

As for the fishing, well, coulda been better, but at least it was sunny and wasn't a blank and I had a flounder for the first time in a long while :)

AL ..

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
sorry to hear about the trailer and the poor fishing mate :-(

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes was a lovely day to be out, and josh blimy you still alive lol

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Shame about the lack of bass in the river, same as Walton backwaters, few school bass but only the odd keeper bass, weed a pain round there at the moment.
No more fishing for me now until October, when i hope the odd large bass will still be about & fall for squid intended for codling.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well yes alan have a nice break will ring when you get back and the cod will be in buy then i hope

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Shame about the lack of bass in the river, same as Walton backwaters, few school bass but only the odd keeper bass, weed a pain round there at the moment.
No more fishing for me now until October, when i hope the odd large bass will still be about & fall for squid intended for codling.
do not worry Alan we will get some Bass for you, same as always!! do you want them filletted as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts