World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we were brought down to earth with a bump this time, weather not very kind at the weekend so thought we would give the river a shot as we hadn't done it for a few weeks, plus it beats cutting the grass...
started off in deep water, drifting in the wind with no run. nowt to be had. as the tide started to run we had a few VERY small bass so moved to a different spot in shallower water, same result a few small fish. this continued for the whole session, weed was an absolute nightmare and the water was not clear at all looked and felt more like March.
ended up trying a few drifts round the breakwater at Dovercourt and after losing 3 sets of tackle we called it a day.
roll on some decent weather again

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Unlucky Marv, sounds far from ideal on the river at the minute.

I'm glad you posted your report, I am hoping to go out at the weekend and was thinking about having a go in the Stour, if I go, it'll be from Orford now.

AL ..

G

·
Thanks for the report Smoothound56, I knocked it on the head at the weekend when I saw the weather forcast. Off work this week, enforced!!! some 'numb-skull' drove into my Taxi head on while I was stationary :wallbash: He has admitted full liability, the Insurance company are paying all bills loss of earnings etc. So Im making the best of :mellow: I was thinking about a session in the river tomorrow morning . . . Not so sure now? Think I might finish the off centre radar suport I'v been shaping up to for the past couple of weeks, getting the 7 degree angle has been a delicate afair with templates and double . . . no, trebal measuring:sneaky2:

Talking to one of the owner in the marina on Sunday while I was scribing the template. He had come in in the morning, bit rough out the front! Droped his anchore in the Orwell on 'Pepies bouy' at the back of Shotley marina, 30 foot hole there. He had 3 small fish in 3 hours, couple of bass and a sole, all were to small to keep!

Lets hope it picks up soon, ET's OPO

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
oh erh spoke to a bloke the other day who had 7 sizeable upto 3lb in the normal drifting area, which was last thursday.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh erh spoke to a bloke the other day who had 7 sizeable upto 3lb in the normal drifting area, which was last thursday.
heard a similar story too, but sunday was dire to say the least. couldnt believe how coloured the water was for this time of year. we tried all the known marks shallow and deep but to no avail. 3 other boats out with us and not one of them had anything decent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts