World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well me and the old boar decided to try a spot of early bass and eel bashing as the wind hasnt been favorable to go hound bashing.

so of up the stour in thor and started some drifing a bit slow but we knew this would be the case as its still early realy.

but on the flood we had soem aray of fish from small schoolies, and codling all falling to long 8ft trace with rag.

as the tide slowed anchored up for dinner and had great sport hauling in some eels more codling, some whiting and a dab.

but as the tide started to ebb tried some more drifting but couldnt find any more fish.

still a good start to the summer season with plenty of fish.

a guesstamation on the days tally was about

12-15 small bass
10-12 small codling
2 whting
1 dab and 9 eels

:boat:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes it was a very enjoyable day, wind a bit cool but the bites kept us occupied. Lunch was good, sandwiches,sausage rolls, glass of red wine interspersed with eel catching - nice day in all. The bass will get bigger!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
good start to the bass year mate! :) wont be long before i have a go out there! well done, Josh

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Well done matey, good day out.

I'm jealous lol been sat here for nearly a fortnight not wanting to take the boat out in these easterlys, weather doesn't look set to improve, so probably be another week now. Think i'll be looking at going to a beach somewhere soon :)

AL ..

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one advantage to the stour, orwell and the ore al, if the weather is [email protected] you can still get out, especially this time of year in the stour as there is now a run of eels, last of the little coddies and now bass are showing. but still want to get out for the hounds before they bugger off.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Is there much coming out of the ore at the minute do you know Hogster? I take it not a lot or you would be fishing there.

Do the Bass not run down the Ore much?

I'm going to have to look into a cheapish spinning rod and have a bash at the bass spinning this year i reckon.

AL ..

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi Al carpman,

Bass do go up the ORE one of the best places to fish for them is down in the river mouth at Shingle Street :fishing1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts