World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
report in the sun two fishermen spotted a young roe buk deer 1 ml offshore managed to catch it and haul it aboard has anyone else had any strange catches?? steve

·
Registered
213 Posts
Havent caught one mate but the bloke in my local tackle was out with his mates the other morning(early)and they saw a deer swimming across the estuary he said it was a strong swimmer it was moving fast.

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

It could well be true, I've seen two Roe Bucks and an impressive red Deer Stag swimming across the Sound of Mull which is more than a mile wide so they are more than capable of it.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
ive seen a squirrel swimming across the river taw which made me chuckle

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
ive seen a squirrel swimming across the river taw which made me chuckle
I've seen a pigeon swim across a harbour.. it fell off a boat and landed in the water, then proceeded to swim to the shore now that really was funny to watch.. I've also caught a rabbit on the river Leven it was sort of swimming down the centre of the river .

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I was beach fishing in Ibiza, as you do there! One morining i saw several naked Germans swimming, much to my horror. Put me off for life, both Germans and nudity!:(

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
I was beach fishing in Ibiza, as you do there! One morining i saw several naked Germans swimming, much to my horror. Put me off for life, both Germans and nudity!:(
:) Perhaps not so Bass-ic -instinct then .:unsure:

David

·
Registered
86 Posts
Had a wild Mink swim past me while fishing Western sea loch. Weird thing was it appeared to be so light it was moving on top of the water more than in it.:blink:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bit out the area but apparently elephants have been known to swim 3 miles off shore.
Just shows that because they are “always” on land don’t mean they don’t know or cant swim.
Don’t ask me why they do it, suppose like us some animals like a dip from time to time.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Dead cows is a comman site in the river near were i live....take it they cant swim then...or just get stuck in fields that flood with the tide

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Dead cows is a comman site in the river near were i live....take it they cant swim then...or just get stuck in fields that flood with the tide
It was not uncommon in the Republic of Ireland for dead cows to be washed up on the Shannon. Trouble was they had their ears cut off where the ID tag would have been. It was just some of the local farmer's idea of proper waste disposal!

Steinbeisser

·
Registered
462 Posts
i have not seen one washed up on the bank yet, i see them floating down tide, i could imagine the smell tho :(

·
Registered
317 Posts
my uncle caught a swan at st.brides newport.:clap3:

It was a misty day and the dumb bird flew into one of his line's.

:boat: Went down like a sack of S**t.

Guess who had to go and get it out and un-tangle it.:uhuh:
It wasnt very happy at first until I grabbed it around the throat.:yucky:
Carried it up over the rocks and chucked it on top of the bank. :clap3:
It chased him for 30 yards then ran/flew down bank into stream behind. :clap2:
So much for breaking your arm!:g:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Bit out the area but apparently elephants have been known to swim 3 miles off shore.
Just shows that because they are “always” on land don’t mean they don’t know or cant swim.
Don’t ask me why they do it, suppose like us some animals like a dip from time to time.
Apparently some time ago a dead elephant was found floating off the Aberdeen coast. Makes you wonder how far out it was when it died....:g:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts