World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

fantastic week down in your neck of the woods, weather good ,fishing good, pb huss to 9lbs,
But the weirdest thing happened to me whilst fishing near Porthscatho, I was buzzed, I can only describe it that way by a noise which eminated from the sea, it was mechcanical and structured and lasted in bursts of 4-5 seconds.
It went on for about 1 min on on occasion and 30 sec for another, any ideas, I wondered if it was Submarine sonar ?

FF

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Hi guys

fantastic week down in your neck of the woods, weather good ,fishing good, pb huss to 9lbs,
But the weirdest thing happened to me whilst fishing near Porthscatho, I was buzzed, I can only describe it that way by a noise which eminated from the sea, it was mechcanical and structured and lasted in bursts of 4-5 seconds.
It went on for about 1 min on on occasion and 30 sec for another, any ideas, I wondered if it was Submarine sonar ?

FF
did you have your mobile on vibrate?:blink:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
maybe someone in a submarine had their mobile on vibrate LOL !

was it quite loud (or was the feeling of vibration quite strong) ? If so maybe it was either a geological survey (sound waves able to penetrate various rock layers) , or that "super powerful" sonar which some conservations fear literally kill cetaceans - either directly by causing something like the bends (from the pressure fluctuations) or by making them deaf or making them panic and do an emergency ascent

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe someone in a submarine had their mobile on vibrate LOL !

was it quite loud (or was the feeling of vibration quite strong) ? If so maybe it was either a geological survey (sound waves able to penetrate various rock layers) , or that "super powerful" sonar which some conservations fear literally kill cetaceans - either directly by causing something like the bends (from the pressure fluctuations) or by making them deaf or making them panic and do an emergency ascent
Ive been fishing over 35 years never felt anything like it, quite strange, the vibration was an "all over" experience but I felt it more in my head.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I ain't got a clue what the noise was???:g: :uhuh:

Glad see you had a good time down here.It was good to meet up even if fishing was pants!!:) :) :clap2:

Mart

T

·
0 Posts
just a guess, it may have been a very minor earthquake, we had one once that rocked the wardrobes, (i've always claimed it was me)

·
Registered
210 Posts
ive heard some strange noises like that fishing when its really quiet, bugged me for ages . then i listened to the fishing line on my rod/reel and under the tension and dues to the tide was making a really wierd noise. no alcohol or drugs involved.

oif its not that your rods posessed.

shaun

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
ive heard some strange noises like that fishing when its really quiet, bugged me for ages . then i listened to the fishing line on my rod/reel and under the tension and dues to the tide was making a really wierd noise. no alcohol or drugs involved.

oif its not that your rods posessed.

shaun
:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: nice answer

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ain't got a clue what the noise was???:g: :uhuh:

Glad see you had a good time down here.It was good to meet up even if fishing was pants!!:) :) :clap2:

Mart
Really enjoyed it, always good to go west, get away from London etc,
Looks like we will be around in October (HalfTerm) so if alls well , and the babies are giving you 5 mins perhaps we might get another session in

cheers maey for all the fishing advice

FF

·
Registered
125 Posts
sometimes if u hav been in a built up busy area with constant noise for a given period then gone to a quiet peaceful area with no noise the silence can sound very loud in yer melon almost buzzing, like a low frequency vibrating hum.

but then i do eat a lot of beans! lol:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys

FF
Are you still drinking out of wet glasse,s i told you that would happend Stella doe,s that to my head

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sometimes if u hav been in a built up busy area with constant noise for a given period then gone to a quiet peaceful area with no noise the silence can sound very loud in yer melon almost buzzing, like a low frequency vibrating hum.

but then i do eat a lot of beans! lol:)
Good thought, had'nt really thought of that, although I would say that I had been in West for 6 days, oh well one of those mysteries, a whale maybe, a submarine davey jones farting

FF

·
Registered
316 Posts
hi all have been told before about a sort very simmalar noise which turned out to be geezers electric shocking fish to bring them to the surface may be some one was doing this neerbye?:g:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts