World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a student studying design, and have been given a brief regarding the Shipping Forecast, so i was wondering if anyone could help me out by answering a couple of questions . . .so here they are

-Do/have you ever listen to the Shipping Forecast (radio 4)? If so could i have some vauge details(age,sex,occupation etc) 2-If not,what sort of person do you think listens to the Shipping Forecast?

Any and all responses welcome, Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
297 Posts
The people who would listen to the shipping fourcast would obviously be fishers on there boats/sailors with there yachts wouldn't matter of the age or sex don't need to be old or young to have a boat!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've listened to it recently but mainly due to the fact I'm reading Attention All Shipping - a journey round the weather forecast by Charlie Connelly, recommended by the way. Usually I'll go for a more specific, localised forecast. I'm male, late 30's and self employed.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Nick,

I listen to the Shipping Forecast quite often but not on a regular basis. I would say approximately 3-4 times a week.

I am a male aged 62, an electrical engineer who spends most of my spare time boat fishing and the rest of the time building model boats. I am also into gardening and motorcaravanning. I mess about with my computer and a digital camera when the weather is against my fishing.

If you require further information please ask.

Cheers

Drew

&

·
0 Posts
Although I left off shore racing some years ago I still listen to the Radio 4 broadcast when I can. May I say I also listen to "VOLMET" and do wish the "weather persons would show a proper synoptic chart for those who can interpret these! I suppose you will be looking into where the sea areas names came from? If you do, come back and tell us all. Cheers, Tony. :p

·
Registered
408 Posts
Tony, if you want to know the origin of the names have a read of the book I mentioned earlier. Fitzroy sounds like quite a dude and well justified in having an area named after him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts