World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question really, I am about to order some waders and you get the option to add studs to the wellys for an extra tenner.

I wondered if it is worth doing this for grip when fishing with rocks and weed under foot?

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
I wondered if it is worth doing this for grip when fishing with rocks and weed under foot?
Studs make this condition slippier.

You need FELT soles for rocks.:help:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh I see, unfortunately this option isn't available. I guess I will just stick with the standard boot with no studs and tread very carefully.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You could always buy some screw in studs, put a few (only a few as Puddlesplasher says you will skate about) in and see. If they don't work you can just take the out.

You can buy them at Game fishing outlets.

Cheers
Skiptonian

BBW. I was really surprised to find (by accident really) that a pair of Black Dunlop safety wellies will grip on wet/dry rocks like no bodies business. I have no idea why!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
hi.check out the bison waders with free studs via reelsndeals.com.felt sole waders also available.good luck
you could also try just putting the studs in the heels

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
I have a pair of 4mm neoprene, non studded or felt footed Snowbee chest waders and I cannot recall how many years older beyond 10 that they are.

They have served me well, dont leak, take abuse, and most of all have not gained me a "Water Babe Badge".:love:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts