World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took a walk with my child today down to the local pier.

asked what was being caught etc then watched some idiot throwing doggies to his mangy dogs so they could kill them, before he threw them back into the sea. not sure if he did this with any other fish as i left pretty quickly and a little peed off.

WTF is going on with people like this and how can this be allowed?

PS. if your reading this you fugging idiot GET A LIFE!!! how would you like me to throw you in with my dogs and let them bite you for an hour before kicking you out onto the street

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
how did u walk away butt?

i would butted the *Deleted nasty swearword* until his brain fell out his nose..

What a nob..There should be laws,,after all..you can get arrested for putting two dogs to fight.and other such cruelty...

Fish is an living thing at the end of the day..what a turd

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only reason i walked away without really saying anything was because i had my 5 month old baby with me and didnt really want an arguement with him around tbh.

any other other day though and things may have been different.

i know not everyone likes catching doggies but this is exactley the sort of thing that will spur the antis on to stop this great sport.

be responsible and stop giving them the ammo they need !!!! :(

·
Registered
464 Posts
I fished Witches point last Monday, the amount of rubbish on there was unbelievable empty cans of Stella and Strongbow (even full cans left) loads of ammo sandeel, mackeral and squid boxes what are these t*&ts playing at as if they just dont care there sport is under the magnifying glass by the anti's as it is. A few of my mates fished there again on friday and these **** heads were there again so if your reading this lads stick to the pubs you "£$%£$£$^$%^$%&.

Oh and i did end up carrying four bags of rubbish of there as if the walk isnt bad enough!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
What must the public think of us fishermen and women, they will think that we are all like that seeing a idiot doing that to the fish.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
dont know why anybody would want to do that to a doggie because they are fun to catch when bugger all is around
like january and feb
stupid eds :( :mad:

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
This people give fishingmen bad name ,these people dont give a damn about the sport,shaggy

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Not certain about this but all the 'gentlemen' mentioned - i.e. the animal cruelty yobs and the so drunk ones who even leave FULL cans about, are breaking the law, aren't they? Surely litter is litter wherever it's 'dropped'. Wonder what the RSPCA have to say about 'Doggie Baiting'?

Perhaps a couple of convictions made high profile by those with contacts with the media might do some good? Who else in the Angling firmament has the teeth to hurt such anti-social misfits?

Careful Marcus bach we want to see you keep fishing, because I bet there would be far more fuss made of your retaliation than of the yobish behaviour! So far I've not had to come to blows but then I've got a big mouth an old! Good on you Big-Spence for collecting and carrying away the rubbish. Seem to remember a post last week from someone doing that on an Anglesey beach! Shouldn't have to do it but it does set a precedent and, when the perps. are present, tends to shame!

·
Registered
54 Posts
swelleyman said:
Not certain about this but all the 'gentlemen' mentioned - i.e. the animal cruelty yobs and the so drunk ones who even leave FULL cans about, are breaking the law, aren't they? Surely litter is litter wherever it's 'dropped'. Wonder what the RSPCA have to say about 'Doggie Baiting'?

Perhaps a couple of convictions made high profile by those with contacts with the media might do some good? Who else in the Angling firmament has the teeth to hurt such anti-social misfits?

Careful Marcus bach we want to see you keep fishing, because I bet there would be far more fuss made of your retaliation than of the yobish behaviour! So far I've not had to come to blows but then I've got a big mouth an old! Good on you Big-Spence for collecting and carrying away the rubbish. Seem to remember a post last week from someone doing that on an Anglesey beach! Shouldn't have to do it but it does set a precedent and, when the perps. are present, tends to shame!
The RSPCA would/will do whatever they can if they see cruelty such as is mentioned in this thread. I am a Trustee of our local Branch and would be very upset to see the this type of cruelty (and disappointed in the fishermen/women involved).
I will post the National Call Centre number later so this can be reported if seen again. The difficulties may well be in policing this type of behaviour (as well as the other forms of yobbishness which bring us all into disrepute) as it often occurs, for obvious reasons, when few people are around. Photographic evidence may prove useful, (many of us carry cameras for that all elusive catch!) And if you feel safe to use it then I would strongly recommend it.
I too am saddened and distressed by the lack of respect shown by some for their surroundings and wildlife, and I, (like Mrs Marcus) think doggies are real cute and could not manage to harm one even for the pot. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
There you go peeps - 0870 5555999 (RSPCA National Call Centre)

Plug it into your mobiles, call them if you see people like the degenerates mentioned above, and if you can (SAFELY) obtain any evidence for a potential prosecution then all the better, but do not put yourself at risk of retaliation and try NOT to do what your heart tells you to.

More fishermen/ladies, less yobs trying to get the sport banned.

Tight lines & take care.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Cheers C Breeze, at last someone who can give us teeth! I've certainly put that number into my mobile and as I always carry a camera I hope to pick up evidence BEFORE I say anything (get your retaliation in first!)

As regards litter I looked at a link that someone had put on (Shore Fishing?) about Longcasting (an american amateur 'group' who promote long-casting in sea fishing. Amongst the video clips of some awesome casting was one about the group descending on a pier to clean it up BEFORE they embarked on a fishing Comp. (complete with Barby. and Drinks) The 'clean-up' was done with some 'Shock-and-Awe' with rubbish bags being prominently brandished as they went through some anglers 'mob-handed' so to speak! The whole idea seemed eminently sensible and the litter picking was a good idea as well! Worth emulating perhaps? Would look good as a magazine article perhaps?

Not so much World Sea Fishing more Keep our Sport (and venues) Clean!

·
Registered
54 Posts
A publicity campaign would not do any harm, maybe we could all take 'before' and 'after' photos if we have to clean up before we fish (take note here Poach ;) )
I have often cleaned up other anglers [email protected], line, bags, cans, and discarded/forgotten terminal tackle which is a hazard to my dogs, other folkses kids and passing wildlife.
Remember guys though unless you are six foot ten and built like a brick shed which I am not, (mercifully for Mr Breeze) don't get into a confrontation, there are ways of going about this and you can't fish comfortably with someone elses rod stuffed up your nose.

LOL Lecture over!! :D

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Did think of having a sticker to leave on a cleaned up beach pointing out how nice it was to fish a tidy beach. However thought better of it as it would only litter the place!!

Don't know how we'd organise a mass clean-up? Any ideas anyone?

A Family day out in conjunction with a Local Council to provide the van and a national 'Green' group perhaps to add more publicity, and Local TV/Radio to give it instant impact.

A reality TV show with public humiliation for transgressers or target practice for those with itchy fingers? You could call it 'Fishing Stocks'

·
Registered
54 Posts
swelleyman said:
Did think of having a sticker to leave on a cleaned up beach pointing out how nice it was to fish a tidy beach. However thought better of it as it would only litter the place!!

Don't know how we'd organise a mass clean-up? Any ideas anyone?

A Family day out in conjunction with a Local Council to provide the van and a national 'Green' group perhaps to add more publicity, and Local TV/Radio to give it instant impact.

A reality TV show with public humiliation for transgressers or target practice for those with itchy fingers? You could call it 'Fishing Stocks'

So what about it fisher-peeps? What do you think?

We must know all sorts of interested parties between us ...Tidy Britain Group, the Blue Flag award type folks.... the peeps that do the beach cleaning thingy....I dunno there must be loads of people concerned by the same obnoxious behaviour. It's obvious from the posts here that many of us feel the same way, so why can't we organise some sort of publicity/whatevah to raise some awareness and change some attitudes?

Mike Jnr what do you think, would this be viable/possible/reasonable??????

The original post was regarding Wales but as I have a 'leg in each camp' as it were (nice trick I'm sure - if you can do it! - Before anyone adds that comment) I realise that this is not an isolated problem and we perhaps shouldn't moan when we have the means to reverse or address the trend........??????

·
Registered
464 Posts
i'm sure the day i took a load of rubbish off Witches there was a group of people picking litter on the paths and hill above the ledges, perhaps they're a bit weary of climbing down onto the point or ledges themselves to do a tidy up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like the Lesser Spotted Dogfish, it's a nice looking little fish, a miniature shark, lovely. I carefully put them back.
My brother caught a 12 pound Congar once, and another angler came up and started to kick it! Saying it was the f****** one he had just lost.
He soon f**** off when we threatened to kick him up the beach!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts