World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a few feed shallows, tide minnow, xlayers, and motherworms from Padge. First blood to the tide minnow with this bass of 60cm. Also had a 66cm fish on an alie magnet.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great fish Pat. Did you catch them from a boat? (Looks like your in a boat from the pic) If you did can you let me know your tactics. I have a boat with my brothers in Dublin but I've only caught schoolies with bait from it and haven't yet caught a bass using a plug?

Cheers
Colm

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
....have to get down your way to throw a few plugs at some stage.
Give us a shout when you're coming down and we can try one or two of my favourite spots.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...can you let me know your tactics.
Exactly, the same tactics as from the shore. I drift within casting range of the shore but using the boat allows me to cover a lot more ground rather than when rock hopping.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Exactly, the same tactics as from the shore. I drift within casting range of the shore but using the boat allows me to cover a lot more ground rather than when rock hopping.
Sounds like home to me mate, what boat do you do it from? Bob & me have an Irish built Redbay 166, great for dodging in and out of shallow ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts