World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just bought sufix tritanium 20 lb braking strain.
is this line suitable for uptide fishing. if not could someone please give me a good alternative. also in this months total sea fishing on there feature on uptiding at bradwell they say to not use a shock leader. is this right or wrong. any advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Jim ,

No trouble at all. Some people use 20 - 25 - 30lbs straight through, the choice is yours. I use Berkleys Big Game 25lbs cheap and cheerful.

When uptiding a gentle lob is all that is required, 20 - 30 yards or so. That is the reason you do not require a shockleader. It minimises the risk of the knot in the shockleader catching on either the rod or reel and causing accidents when casting.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
drews right m8, its your choice really, whatever your happy with,, i use 20lb all the way through.. ii find its ample..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers fellas i use 12 lb big game on me carp rods and find it as tough as old boots. i didnt no you could use it in salt water though. i thought it was fresh water only. i have had 2 cats over 30 on big game so i think i will use that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts