World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has any constructive ideas or additional rules for the ScotlandSpecimen Fish List please post them here.
What I thought of doing was setting up separate boat and shore lists in the first post. As fish get added to the thread I will update the list with the biggest of each species caught and basic details with the post number next to it so that you can find it without trawling through the whole thread as it gets bigger.
More suggestions welcomed

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Good idea Millser.
How are you gonna decide what is a specimen & what's not ? Most peeps have their own ideas on that issue.
Maybe use the SA specimen list ?

C

·
0 Posts
The way I intend to run mine in the SE is to let the list gradually build up so that we can assess our own specimen sizes rather than a percentage of the regional record size.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i think to start with there may be a few small fish but as the fish come in the sizes will increase a little bit of common sense should prevail no point in posting a 6 oz codling and a specimen from one area might be small compared to others

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
hmm what about the identification of species.. we could have a few problems there esp with Salmon & Sea Trout :unsure: :unsure: :clap2:

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would suggest the Salmon and Sea trout are removed from the list

anyone posting without the relevant license would leave themselves wide open
(accidently catching one and releasing it would never be a problem however intentionally try to catch one may be)

and the forum may find itself in bother if it appears to be promoting the capture of the above.

sorry to be so negative about an excellent Idea

hope to post soon

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm what about the identification of species.. we could have a few problems there esp with Salmon & Sea Trout :unsure: :unsure: :clap2:
with a decent picture it should be possible to distinguish between the 2 otherwise it would be included as unverified

I would suggest the Salmon and Sea trout are removed from the list

anyone posting without the relevant license would leave themselves wide open
(accidently catching one and releasing it would never be a problem however intentionally try to catch one may be)

and the forum may find itself in bother if it appears to be promoting the capture of the above.

sorry to be so negative about an excellent Idea

hope to post soon

I see where you are coming from here any ' illegally ' caught fish can be returned after photographing and weighing.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
with a decent picture it should be possible to distinguish between the 2 otherwise it would be included as unverified

I see where you are coming from here any ' illegally ' caught fish can be returned after photographing and weighing.
eh
o i forgot i got one of those thingies from the council so i'll be ok then

·
Registered
427 Posts
Cool idea m8!!:clap3: Hopefully I'll get summit tmw & start the ball rolling!!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ok so my suggestion could make things a bit endless but what about a seperate specimen weight or class for summer and winter cod. Winter maybe October to March and the remainder classed as summer.

Winter specimen cod should certainly be into double figures while the summer, mainly red, cod pretty much wont reach doubles apart from a really good fluke.

Whilst there are usually always 2 "catching" seasons to most fish i think that there is a big enough difference between the summer and winter fish and even a difference in tactics or venue that might warrant 2 lists. Ok so it might be going a bit too far, but any takers?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so my suggestion could make things a bit endless but what about a seperate specimen weight or class for summer and winter cod. Winter maybe October to March and the remainder classed as summer.

Winter specimen cod should certainly be into double figures while the summer, mainly red, cod pretty much wont reach doubles apart from a really good fluke.

Whilst there are usually always 2 "catching" seasons to most fish i think that there is a big enough difference between the summer and winter fish and even a difference in tactics or venue that might warrant 2 lists. Ok so it might be going a bit too far, but any takers?
I think that would maybe over complicate things it was only set up as a bit of fun for the forum members must be very quiet just now didnt ANYONE catch anything over the weekend?

C

·
0 Posts
I think that would maybe over complicate things it was only set up as a bit of fun for the forum members must be very quiet just now didnt ANYONE catch anything over the weekend?
Same problem down here mate:uhuh: . Either apathy or no fish:giveup: . Hopefully I will get a few to put on mine this week:)

·
Registered
724 Posts
" 6) The fish do not have to be caught in the scotland area but you must reside in the scotland Area"

Can I enter fish ? although I presently live in the I.o.M, I do have a residence in Drummore where I spend six weeks a year, and the I.o.M. is only a kick in the @ss away.

G

·
0 Posts
" 6) The fish do not have to be caught in the scotland area but you must reside in the scotland Area"

Can I enter fish ? although I presently live in the I.o.M, I do have a residence in Drummore where I spend six weeks a year, and the I.o.M. is only a kick in the @ss away.
Hmmm has the I.o.M repealed the law that it is legal to kill a Scotsman wearing a kilt on a beach yet. Think the Tynwald has it still in force.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yes it was repealed a couple of years ago, yourself and any of the Celtic Nations are most welcome.

We still man the beaches, but with other types of immigrants in mind :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts