World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has any constructive ideas or additional rules for the SE Specimen Fish List please post them here.
What I thought of doing was setting up separate boat and shore lists in the first post. As fish get added to the thread I will update the list with the biggest of each species caught and basic details with the post number next to it so that you can find it without trawling through the whole thread as it gets bigger.
More suggestions welcomed:)

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
What a wicked idea! it will be interesting to see what fish come from where (if that makes sense?!).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Scottish forum are now going to use this idea as well, hopefully all the different areas will do the same and we can have a National list too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does not need to be a specimen to get the ball rolling. A 3'' whiting is probably not worth mentioning but we have to start somewhere. Hopefully we will have a few on the list by next week.
If it is not possible to get a photo but you have a witness you can still get on the list.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I'll let you know Sunday evening when I get back from fishing, feeling very confident, there's some big rockling at St Osyth :)

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
So can I use the fish on my signiture list? e.g dab 28cm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any fish caught on or after the 23rd March 2007 will count, but we need the weight not the length and preferably a photo as well to avoid any dispute over species.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone caught any fish today that we can start the Specimen list off with? It does not matter on the size, within reason, as long as you have a piccie and the weight.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Boat caught Smoothound June 2006 18lb 3oz on my own boat ''Island Hopper''

Ron
Ron me old mucker,

Don't count; reasons:

1. Caught before 23/3/07
2. Not filleted:clap2: :clap2:

3. Nice fish. The Bass is better though.

15,082 Posts
Oh...My fault!...I thought he wanted pictures from the south East caught at anytime!...Oh well,I will have to get out and start the list again!...Was going Tomorrow but the weather has killed that one.

Ron

·
Registered
278 Posts
Oh...My fault!...I thought he wanted pictures from the south East caught at anytime!...Oh well,I will have to get out and start the list again!...Was going Tomorrow but the weather has killed that one.

Ron
I hope you realeased that poor bass Ron!!!!! lol :) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ron, as Edgey says, they do not qualify as not caught after the 23rd March this year. Still if you put them back I am sure they will just be waiting for you to get back out and catch them again:) . Those are the class of fish I would like to see on the list though and lets hope we can find a few of them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts