World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I’m a newbie to the forum and although I have been angling for quite a few years now, to be honest, I still dont really know what I’m doing?

I’m in Portsmouth and was looking to take a day off work next Tuesday and was thinking of fishing the tide up at Browndown or Gilkicker (during the day)...any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jimma.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Guys, I’m a newbie to the forum and although I have been angling for quite a few years now, to be honest, I still dont really know what I’m doing?

I’m in Portsmouth and was looking to take a day off work next Tuesday and was thinking of fishing the tide up at Browndown or Gilkicker (during the day)...any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jimma.
Cant help afraid as i do not fish that area
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum Jimma and wish you Tight lines.
Im in Somerset so you can always ask me a question if heading this way from (Eype in Dorset to Porlock in Somerset)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not from the area but fished both marks. Deep water at the point and strong tides,weed can be a problem.Two or three hook flapper, or clip down rigs with breakaway leads for further out, with strong size 2 hooks. Probably give you option of catching the smaller species and the odd better fish. Baits worm tipped off with mackerel or squid. Species think be Whiting, Pout, flats, bass, dogfish.Maybe still even a ray on sandeel and fish baits.
Best ask in or ring local tackle shop for current form and your bait sure they be helpful...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys...Didn't realise there was a South Coast Section? I'll repost on there now. Cheers for the tips.

Jimma

1 - 8 of 8 Posts