World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to have a day of fishing today, Got loads of bait. Just wondered if anybody knew of any deep water marks that are fishing well at the mo. Have been to porthclais, & St Brides, but havent had so much as a bite. Any ideas? I fancy trying somewhere different, preferably somewhere north of the county.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
you could try the rock marks around trevin but only go with someone who doesnt throw their dummies out of the pram if they cant cast

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could try the rock marks around trevin but only go with someone who doesnt throw their dummies out of the pram if they cant cast
I can throw my dummy further than I can cast! :2:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
plenty of fish there had dogs,wrasse a thumper easy around 3lb mark and a small strap conger as it got dusk around 3lb as well where i fished was an awkward spot but you can get on to the island off the headland might be a bit more comfortable there

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
I have a gut feeling that the fishing will pick up a bit into the first half of this week as the wind backs to a westerly instead of the northerlies/easterlies we've had lately :)

We're trying to decide ourselves - Lleyn or Pembrokeshire for a day out this week? My reasoning being that the summer species ought to show earlier the further south you go!

Caerfai Bay is currently winning this contest!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tell me dangler, where can i catch a 121lb thorny then??

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
youve got to go to the depot for that

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a gut feeling that the fishing will pick up a bit into the first half of this week as the wind backs to a westerly instead of the northerlies/easterlies we've had lately :)

We're trying to decide ourselves - Lleyn or Pembrokeshire for a day out this week? My reasoning being that the summer species ought to show earlier the further south you go!

Caerfai Bay is currently winning this contest!

Cheers - John
I think thats where we planning to go to be honest. Was that you that put the carfai picture up??? Just been having a look at that.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
121 lb thorny cant help you there queenie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts