World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly I am off for a few weeks down west wales (near whitesands bay). I would like to get out for a few sessions but will probablly have my kids in tow. Can enyone suggest some suitable venues, the boys are young 2, 4 and 6 so I will be looking for a jetty or a pier etc. Safty is a pirority (of course) but some where where the could catch a fish would be nice.

I will also have my little avon inflatable (SIB) and 2.5 hp outboard with me so any where I could get out safely and drop a few feathers etc.. with the eldest boy would be good. At the moment I can only think of solva over high tide. What do you recon.

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
6,279 Posts
Dave try Porthclais harbour in St Davids. Park in the field in the camp site that overlooks the harbour and follow the coastal path down. It is not too grueling a walk and the harbour wall provides a nice comfortable venue to fish and is ideal for float fishing and spinning. Theres a nice channel that runs into the harbour so you don't even need to cast. You can also launch a boat from the harbour entrance which is reached by driving past the campsite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts