World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to kick off this thread in the hope that others add to it.
Whist it may not merit a "Sticky", at least it will be available in the "search " facility.

The idea is to suggest suitable venues for those with varying disabilities, so they may be able to carry on fishing, rather than giving the sport up, due to lack of information.

For Example,
Penarth Pier would be an obvious choice, as it has wheelchair access along it's length, and the safe railing divide between Angler and deep water looks ideal.
There is also a Disabled Toilet facility on the pier itself, along with a snack bar, which also sells frozen bait.

Near the entrance to the pier, are several parking bays for "Blue Badge" car users, but you can't rely on them being available, as they are popular with the more mature visitors the area attracts.

The real kick in the proverbials, is the "no fishing" during June, July and August months, so just being aware of this may save a wasted journey.

Other likely venues are Mumbles Pier, Porthcawl wall and pier, and Cardiff Bay barrage.
As I have only a limited knowledge of these places, and yet to fish two of them, I will leave it for others with more experience of these marks to (hopefully) contribute to the posts.

So, it's over to you guys...........:thumbs:

·
Registered
9 Posts
not sure about toilets etc but have seen a few people on disabled scooters fishing on hobbs point down west wales u can paek right next to the water and flat through out even seen one women strapping her self 2 the posts along the edge mind u she was drinking super strenght lager (not recmended while fishing ) hope this helps a bit

·
Premium Member
39,074 Posts
Warriors Way, wheel chair friendly but does lack disable loo. Easy parking and free a good flood or ebb tide mark. Would need to take drinks etc but well worth a visit.

Milford Docks another good access mark with free parking, lacks loos though. Take your own drinks etc but again wheel chair friendly.

Neyland car park, I think it is still free parking, a flood tide mark, not sure about loos, but wheel chair friendly.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Penarth Pier. Wheelchair accessible, easy fishing, good parking (if you're there early morning), Cafe and Toilets. Pier closed June 1st - august 31st.

·
TEAM BANTER
1,484 Posts
Penarth promenade next to the pier, on big tides 3 hours before high water and 3 hours after. The pier is open all year for its facilities but not for fishing so you can still use the toilets and cafe :thumbs:

·
Team Banter
4,845 Posts
cardiff has got quite good access for the disabled plus there are toilets another mark with easy access and can be fished on the bigger tides is the old harbour barry not very far from the disabled parking ,andrew

·
TEAM BANTER
1,484 Posts
Barry docks in front of morrissons, you can park right next to where you fish. :wiggle:

·
TEAM BANTER
1,484 Posts
Port Talbot long arm and short arm, Mumbles pier and Knab rock all easily accessible, though you do need passes for the long and short arm:thumbs:

·
Registered
39 Posts
i would highly recommend cardiff barrage as i sometimes take my kids there as its as safe as houses with toilet and snack bars. barry dock is also a suitable venue but ive blanked there 5 times :cry: so thats all ill say on that matter lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts