World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The better half is going to try again.....

Reactions: Nick Phillips

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its a start on a hard day with strong fresh easterly winds n still May weed in the water...
N Sarah had her 1st ever Bass

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another trip out n it was a tad snotty but she put up with it to get a few more.......:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A long day and alot of sea miles looking for extra species for Sarah's 3rd try at this....
was hoping for a turbot but did manage a greater weever after that she couldn't stop catching them, i hooked a couple of sandeels but try as she might couldn't find em...still she had another good bass (3rd this yr) as she been trying for 5yrs before n not had 1 n plenty of plaice but shes got that 1 .....

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so out to the banks we went looking for those elusive fish for Sarah's list (i must confess i did sneak out a couple of days before to try a new area) so early start n had trouble finding the mackies (which i didnt have days before) still trying for mackies sarah managed 3 for her list being launce sandeels n scad mackerel n we started drifting the bank n sarahs rod bends over n after a bendy rod n smiles she slipped a fine turbot in the net...happy days thats 4 n needing 1 more for the magic 15 i changed her rig hoping for a dab but not to be n wind against tide it picked up n in we come....
Last pic is to show difference...

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Off we go again...Different area so you never know what were find...well as we left on flat calm seas but big tides we got to the bank n the tide was ripping so anchor down n 180z leads down it wasnt fun so a move in close where all the dogfish are n we lost count but i got the last 2 peelers out the box n 1 each n sarahs rod went over n i said thats a small bass but when it popped up it was a wrasse the smile on her face n all those hrs struggling just faded away No 15 on the deck...

Attachments

Reactions: boyscott

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Down to see if we could get out as it was a tad windy n yep far to lumpy so i said get the float rod out n try for a mullet......n i heard get the Net.....she only went n got a cracker while i was sorting electrics out......
No16.....:)

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Weather was good for weekend n so my turn to play for the sharks...
and not to be left out she gets the 1st and the biggest...Wa Hoo No 17

Attachments

Reactions: congerclive

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right 3 trips organised for bank hol weekend so looking good well it was a struggle but she managed 3 n No 20 wasnt what i thought would be the magic 20....
18. Thornback ray
19. smoothound
20 .Blenny

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After a very hard tr trying to get sarah to 15 she managed a very well done 20 n finding out that they no longer do badges she was to say the least gutted so i put a shout out to see if anyone was kind enough to donate a 20 badge and a member
Simon8132 from jersey did just that... you my friend are a Star and she was made up and it will be going pride of place on her WSF top

Attachments

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
57,078 Posts
After a very hard tr trying to get sarah to 15 she managed a very well done 20 n finding out that they no longer do badges she was to say the least gutted so i put a shout out to see if anyone was kind enough to donate a 20 badge and a member
Simon8132 from jersey did just that... you my friend are a Star and she was made up and it will be going pride of place on her WSF top
Brilliant!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts