World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Followed anylugnoitscrab sugestion and fished Sully Bay at low tide today. Not a bite! Nice mark though, looks very fishey. Fist 1 hour down and 3 hours up, used 2 hook boom rig with lug tipped with razor fish and squid. Also put some big baits out in the hope of codling etc... tried pulley pennel with sandeel, squid, lug and razor and combinations of all. Not even the crabs would touch my bait. Well atleast I tried.

Just as a warning to anyone else who fishes this mark, at very low tide I came across 1 or 2 patches of quicksand, it cought me by supprise at one stage I had 1 foot on firm sand and the other went down past the knee. Lucky I was wearing my waders and had my rod in my hand for balance.

Never mind, I'm sure I will have beter luck next time.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
hard luck, i fish sully quite often, just around the corner, the monkey tump or the ledges, always optomistic as it looks good, but never done much, this time of year.

·
England Team Captain
30,606 Posts
What area of the bay were you fishing mate, out from the pub car park or the slip side ?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What area of the bay were you fishing mate, out from the pub car park or the slip side ?
Walked right the way down the slip and about 100yrds left, as the tide came back up I moved back towards the slip.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Walked right the way down the slip and about 100yrds left, as the tide came back up I moved back towards the slip.
Shame about the fishing mate i tought it would of fished after the big tides we have had hope it asnt put you off because its a good place to fish tight lines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts